danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is being depressed cool?

| People keep calling me I'm cool. I can't comprehend why it happens though. Yes, I have a pretty good looking face if I may be honest, and I don't do anything fun as most of the people do. And I don't like to talk either. The only way of expressing my feelings is through gaming, reading and I do some pretty weird things whenever I'm bored. Anyone having the same experience?

| Maybe it's because you're not overly extra like how most people are nowadays. Chill people are cool.

| That because your face is pretty good, if it wasn't people would not bother
Also there is possibility that your friends noticed your depression and triy to make you feel better

| are you stupid?

| Bruh. Back in the days, people who don't talk much and prefer being alone are called "introverts" while being depressed is a completely different thing.

| It's probs bc you're goodlooking. They'll portray you with an image of being "mysterious" and "deep".

| Being depressed is not cool, however some people hide behind the term "depressed" for various reasons...
Being introvert is cool
Being extrovert is cool too
Just know yourself so you can become a better person !
Of course, it's up to you to define "better person".

| >>632974
Yeah, definitely that.

| Depression ain't, it fucking sucks. You might be though.

| Cynicism is a cool side effect of it.

| >>633637
Cynisism isn't cool. Depressive realism might be, only because it keeps you closer to the truth but that's very different from cynisism.

tl;dr OP was probably a little bit cool all along

| >>633699
I vote OP is cool o/

| >>633699 >>633712 Thanks g/u/rls, you guys made my day ;)

| OP here, made this thread not too long ago just to quench my curiosity. You guys made some pretty valid points here. Thinking back, maybe I'm just an introverted guy, or maybe I'm a little bit depressed. Will be meeting my counselor to find out.

| >>632885 Sometimes. Academically, not really.

| >>633850
Sounds like a good idea. There is a big difference there that is really important.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1583942468

This thread is permanently archived