danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Quick and easy workout for someone who hasn't exercised before?

| I'm overweight enough for running to ruin my joints, so that's out of the question. But it's gotten to a point where I have to do at least SOMETHING to not die in a couple of years, maybe a decade if I'm lucky. Due to studying and working part-time I can't really carve out time for the gym either without removing even more sleep from my schedule, but I should be able to get half an hour to a full hour at home, I have some adjustable dumbbells, but that's about it. What can I do?

| And I don't mean "quick and easy" in the title quite literally, I'm not that naive, but I would prefer something that can be done in an hour and straightforward (i.e. no complicated yoga positions or special equipment needed).

| And I don't mean "quick and easy" in the title quite literally, I'm not that naive, but I would prefer something that can be done in an hour and straightforward (i.e. no complicated yoga positions or special equipment needed).

| Get a backpack.

Fill it with weights approximating 10% of your total weight. Try using things that can be easily consumed in an emergency, like water.

Go walk outside for at least 30 minutes minimum each day.

| Its called "rucking."

| https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/the-benefits-of-rucking/

| try intermittent fasting and compound bodyweight exercises

| I love sex.

| Yeah, if you can't run - walk or swim. But my main concern is your attitude. You think you gonna die, but it's hard to you to find a time to work out? You think you gonna die, but you don't want to bother yourself with difficult exercises? Make up your mind about what do you want, because for now it looks like you are okay with dying.

| Yeah, if you can't run - walk or swim. But my main concern is your attitude. You think you gonna die, but it's hard to you to find a time to work out? You think you gonna die, but you don't want to bother yourself with difficult exercises? Make up your mind about what do you want, because for now it looks like you are okay with dying.

| Also, good place to start - stop fucking overeating. Never understood this. You want to achieve some goals in your work or studies? You will not be able to do this if you are not strong enough to achieve such an easier goal to EAT A LITTLE BIT LESS. And then a little bit less more and more...

| Also, good place to start - stop fucking overeating. Never understood this. You want to achieve some goals in your work or studies? You will not be able to do this if you are not strong enough to achieve such an easier goal to EAT A LITTLE BIT LESS. And then a little bit less more and more...

| I was in the same place several years ago. I just stopped stuffing my face with a metric ton of food every day and began walking to and from work instead of commuting by bus, it was a 20-25 minutes walk. I've gone from 97 to 75 kilos.
I wish I had a swimming pool in my town.

| >>618783
> looks like you are okay with dying
You're not wrong there, but that's a whole other issue. I might've exaggerated a bit too much anyway. And it's not that I don't want to "bother myself" with exercise, I jsut probably won't be able to handle the difficult stuff right now.

>>618785
Food and stress-induced overeating is another completely different problem I'm dealing with right now and is out of the question's scope, really don't appreciate the attitude though.

| >>618789
First of all, congrats on your success!
Yeah, I'm waiting for the day to get longer so that I can walk home from work before dark again. It's an hour long walk in a pretty bad part of town. Getting assaulted/robbed is unfortunately very much a possibility here and the streets are very poorly (if at all) lit now.

| >>618808
Don't. It's not worth it to risk every day.
Wait for the warm weather to return, buy a bike and a bike computer, and ride it on weekends. Bicycle isn't straining on the knees much, you should be okay.

| >>618818
Funny (or pathetic, depends on how you look at it) thing is, I've never learned how to ride a bike. And I'm kind of afraid to start now, since any fall (and falls will be inevitable while learning) with my current weight would probably in a couple broken bones at least. I might look into it later though when I get at least somewhat better.

| >>618818
Funny (or pathetic, depends on how you look at it) thing is, I've never learned how to ride a bike. And I'm kind of afraid to start now, since any fall (and falls will be inevitable while learning) with my current weight would probably in a couple broken bones at least. I might look into it later though when I get at least somewhat better.

| Sex is a good workout for both sides.

| Sex is a good workout for both sides.

| >>618955
You usually don't get sex (at least legal/morally acceptable sex) when you're overweight and/or not attractive in general.

| >>618785
This isn't relevant to op specifically but in case anyone like me (who hates eating) is reading this: please don't make this an excuse to skip meals or excessively limiting your ration.

Exercising is always good, but so is eating well.

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1579675435

This thread is permanently archived