danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I'm so sick of the internet

| I used to do cool shit on the computer.

Back in the day I used to run game servers, develop websites, do shady illegal stuff with my friends from around the world. Ya know, fun stuff. These days all I do is compulsively scroll through reddit and watch youtube.

It seemed like every day I was stumbling across and making stuff. Looking back through stacks of old hdds made me realize that I don't do anything fun on the internet now.

I think I should take a break. Or find a new site.

| same. and i agree.

im focusing more on my old hobbies outside the computer, like reading books and playing console vidya (Pokemon Sword).

| Maybe we should find something fun to make on the internet. Any ideas?

| >>617071
I recently bought a book called The Shallows by Nicholas Carr which is about the effects the internet has on our brains. Ironically I lost interest and couldn't finish it lol

>>617073
I've been interested in designing a window manager gui site like the ones on this repo https://github.com/syxanash/awesome-gui-websites
Had some downtime at work and tried to cobble something together but I'm so behind the times on frontend frameworks that it just didn't seem feasible

| >>617073

What about an ARG?

Nothing large scale, just seeding puzzles and memes and inside jokes across various socmed accounts.

| >>617079
I've had an idea for an ARG hosted entirely on a voip IVR system. You know those robo directories? "press 1 to access voicemail, press 2 for the corporate directory, press 3..."

Imagine calling in to some weird phone number and being greeted with a prompt to access somebody's corporate mailbox. "Message 1: John, give me a call back. I spoke with the CFO this morning and he's been doing some shady stuff with the company funds. We need to talk"

IVR systems are prefect for ARGs

| >>617091

Beautiful.

| Whatever happened to that one g/u/rl who said they were quitting the internet to become chads?

| *chad

| You're burn out on your typcial "internet routine". Just change it up some and you'll be fine.

i.e. (daily internet user for 24 years)

| >>617101

presumably they became chads.

| >>617091
That sounds tight as fuck. I probably wouldn't participate in it, but I'd 100% nerd out over a YouTube video explaining the entire thing afterwards.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1579398046

This thread is permanently archived