danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Eyes tired and bloodshot from prolonged PC usage at work, how can I fix this?

|

| Drink water, sleep early, use eye drops if necessary.

| More PC usage.

| Make sure you have plenty of sunlight during the day and take semi-frequent breaks after dark

| >>615743
Drinking plenty of water already, somewhat of a hydrohomie if you will. Yeah, I should probably go to bed earlier though. But cutting down on hobby time (which is not that plentiful after work already) is gonna suck. Eye drops might not be a bad idea either, I'll have to look into that.

>>615746
Not really in a position to get much sunlight (blinds on all windows at the office, can't go out often), I should probably be taking more frequent breaks though.

Thanks everyone.

| visine

| >>615764
I'm gonna sound idiotic, sry...
Just blink more.
I mean it. Consciously blink.

I don't see any way to revert the effects of focusing on close objects.

The only solution would be to have a screen so large you could place it at like 100m distance, so that you don't focus too close...
Kind of impractical.
If you can spend time outside where there is a view on far away objects you can relax your eyes (park, balcony with view on scenery, preferably some place you can see sky)

| >>615742
Sleep is the only fix.
To prevent, use eye drops and wear blue light blocking glasses.
I have to, since I have dry eyes.
It sucks, g\u\rls.

| I've changed the default screen to a quality ips one on my laptop. Helps.

| Reduce contrast and brightness of your monitors, lower them as much as possible so that the angle that the light reaches your eyes is from a down to up position instead of straight ahead, and switch on a blue light filter if available.

| >>615969
not gonna lie, I was about to try the low contrast thing...
almost got me there

| Correct your posture op, looking at the screen with a bad posture strains your eyes a lot more

| >>615969

???

Staring at bright screens are bad for your eyes and increases eye strain. I generally lower the contrast on my monitors so its not as painful to look at.

| Oh I see, I messed up in my initial post.

What I meant was, lower the contrast of the screen, and either lower the monitor *itself* so that you're looking at it from a downward angle, or raise your seat so you're higher than the screen.

| 20 minutes work followed by 20 secs of rest

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1578816629

This thread is permanently archived