| >love music
>decide to learn how to make music
>begin
>cannot concentrate at all lose all desire to pursue this dream
>quit
>try again
>repeat this cycle for life
this is honestly the worst thing anyone could ever experience ever

| I'm experiencing right now with learning how to draw. I think I am depressed I don't find joy in anything anymore and any motivation I have for anything goes away within a couple of minutes to an hour.

| people like us oughta just die tbh

| Yay, commiserate

| Despite how crappy life is atm I still have a strong will to live.

| Don't give up. Start small and make some reasonable goals. For example, if ya are learning guitar, try learn a chord a week or something. Then once ya have a couple of chords, practice switching between them. Learn a few minor chords and throw those in with chords ya know already, shuffle them around and bam. Ya got a chord progression. Add a simple baseline(using single notes) and bam. Got a song. Spice it up with some erratic drums and lo-fi appears.

| >>614818
Keep trying.
Try different instruments.
Try audio editing.
Try writing music.
Try singing.
And listen to >>614944
They have some good advice.

| I relate very much to that. I have a couple different creative hobbies I do, and I love doing it, and I want to finish my projects, but I always loose the motivation to do so, and when I finally have motivation to work again it's been so long that I have to start a new project then same shit happens. It doesn't help that I've lost the motivation to do everyday stuff too.

I continue doing it though, and I'm sure that I'll one day be able to finish something bigger than what I have.

| >>614954
>I have zero motivation
>just keep trying lol
ok.

| Uh yeah, I guess that's kinda fucked, but i guess you need to find a way to get motivated, like learn some music theory or something, and then motivate yourself with your new found knowledge that you can now put to use. Or learn a new chord that you can now put to use.

| Not op here but you know what I'm gonna do the one punch man challenge minus the running. I watched a youtuber doing it for 100 days and somehow I felt somewhat motivated hearing him talk about how he never felt motivated until he finished it.

I'm assuming the exercise will give my brain a large dose of those much needed feel good chemicals it's been lacking for years now.

| >>615502
You know what? I'm gonna do it too. Keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same.

| >>615502 >>615525 count me in g/u/rls! Let's all post here each day we finish a challenge!

| If some fat dude with bad metabolism were to start with the challenge aswell, should he begin with less and work up to 100? Or just straight up go 100?

| >>615582 you could do multiple sets. So do 20 or 10 pushups, then rest for a few minutes, and then do another 20 or 10. Keep doing that till you get to 100. Push yourself tho! Do more than you think you can each set. It'll hurt for the first bit, but that's the idea. Eventually, you'll be able to push yourself further, and do more pushups each set, and less sets overall, until eventually you'll be able to do 100 pushups in 1 set.

| >>615589 sounds like a solid plan. Thanks g/u/rl

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1578588018

This thread is permanently archived