danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Gaslighting

| I don't quite fully understand the term "gaslighting", and wondered if this is.

My sister-in-law consistently likes to take little digs at me and insult me. I can tolerate stuff pretty well, but she just continues to push my buttons to the point that it pisses me off. And once I'm pissed and say something, she tells me to "calm down" and acts like I'm crazy. She then tries to get my siblings to back her up on "me overreacting." Is this gaslighting?

| Borderline

| No, that's a tsundere.

| Gaslighting isn't real, you made it up because you're crazy

| >>613149

OP, this comment is basically gaslighting, lmao.

| Also yes OP, that could be gaslighting, presuming that's exactly whats going on.

To wit, gaslighting is denying that someone's experiences and feelings are real. Usually it takes the form of abuse, where you keep treating someone like shit and then insist you aren't.

| just fuck her lmao
>mavin shags beret

| >>613157
Yee. this.

| It might be gaslighting but maybe she doesnt know what she's doing. If u are aware of it, u might not get effected.

| >>613156 it was a reference to rick and morty, and is 100% satirical

>>613195 unfortunately that's not how it works. it's like saying "if you notice that construction noise is annoying, you don't need to file a noise complaint anymore"

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1577428860

This thread is permanently archived