danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Awkward drunken depression

| Went out drinking with colleagues, one of them is a good friend who got shitfaced and started groping the female manager. All pretty drunk but I grabbed his hand and stopped him (hes in a long term relationship, manager was cool with it told him to leave).

Grab him and get out. By this time its 3 am and absolutely pouring rain outside. No buses or trains so spend 1 hour n half going home.

| The entire time he keeps sitting down on the floor, fighting me, and walking into traffic. Then bursting into tears every so often and going into nihilistic rants. Baiting me into trying to fight him with personal attacks.

Me also being drunk and high just wants to go home. After more fighting (grappling and dragging really) he gets home and vomits in bed. His gf having to clean up before going into work.

| Messages me now saying that he doesn't remember anything. Have not talked back since, thinking about this i slide between pity and disgust. The right thing to do would be to say that he has a problem and needs help.

I know what i ought to do just can't get over this visceral feeling whenever i think os messaging. Don't really have anywhere else to vent this thank /u/.

| Yeah, that has to be some level of shitfaced. Trying to talk to him in person about it would probably be the right thing to do, but maybe it was more of a side effect of alcohol? Is he generally the type of person to do this kinda crap or was it an outburst?

| >>612952
in vino veritas

| its better to drink alone. that way you dont have to experience other drunk people, and you dont end up accidentally revealing your deep personal turmoil and faults and vulnerabilities to people you know

| >>087e50 Nope. Pretty cogent most of the time. In all likely hood will probably be a surprise and blame it on the alcohol, also i recall him self-diagnosing himself with bipolar. Not sure if genuine or just a depressed guppy. Either way needs help.

| >>613085
Fuck self diagnosis. That shit's scary. If he genuinely believes he's got a psychosis then he should go to therapy asap. As someone who was believed to potential have a psychosis (there's still a possibility, but unlikely) I've learnt how serious this shit is. Even if you just have some similar symptoms and not an actual psychosis or even diagnosis, that shit's really fucking serious.

| Yeah, just broach the subject with him gently and suggest he goes to a doctor. There he can find out for sure if he has BPD

Some times getting stupid drunk like that is just a way to hide/numb the pain so he maybe really feeling that way

Best of luck /g/url

| Tried to broach it the best that i could. Has acknowledged their might be an issue but has decided that its just getting wasted that was the problem because he sees himself as generally stable.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1577384343

This thread is permanently archived