danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I need advice on talking to girls ....and people in general

| Hey, not sure if this is the right place, but, no better way to find out, I guess.

I'm a socially awkward mess. The most I can really muster in any social situation outside of my interest (toku, niche anime, etc.) is a "Hey," "Good to see you," or "Thanks, Sir/Ma'am" ad naseum. I know I can do it, but I just dunno how atm.

I just wanna find someone to talk with, but I need to learn to talk with people first.

| for the most part it really relies on getting out of your comfort zone and seeing what the person you're talking to likes so you can learn more about them and what they're talking about!
but most of it is getting yourself out there and just talking to people
keep talking to new and interesting people and you'll build up that skill more and more over time

| >>612658
Thanks. ...I guess that would help out a lot, lol.

| >>f7d5d4 its a simple answer, but really
being in any sort of conversation and doing your best to be active in it will help! even something like this can be considered talking to someone unless you meant verbal talking of course.
but honestly just try to strike up conversation with people you find interesting, youll be sure to learn something interesting and improve your conversational skills too!

| What did it for me was faking confidence, and a being curious. Ya talk to someone acting like you have a good amount of confidence. Small talk at first, but they might mention something they're in to. That's your key. With your curious nature, you can ask a question about that thing. And then you can delve further. If it's been a while of small talk and you haven't found your key, you can start poking around by asking questions. What do you do for fun, favourite past times, etc.

| Good luck g/u/rl! And always remember to have fun.

| If you ever find yourself stuck in awkward silence with someone, start sucking their dick. You'll have an excuse on why you can't talk at the moment and they almost never complain.

| I got good by doing it a lot (I worked retail for a while) and cutting my tech depencency, get a dumb phone, get rid of all of your tech, and you'll start to notice how much more confident you feel, it doesn't sound like it'll work but it does weirdly enough

| kys.

| Also would be helpful to start educating yourself on different conversational topics such as politics, movies, sports or music so that you'll always have something to say.

| >>612672 no u

>>612654 ad naseum? What is this, Harward?

I'm socially awkward too. Try Larry King's book. Can't say it helped me a lot with my speech skills, but at least I stopped worrying too much. Also, "art on not giving a f" is good too.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1577011249

This thread is permanently archived