danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
convince me to want to live

| too many other threads
i know i've been in another thread and tried to convince someone else not to do it, halfheartedly.

there's just nothing.

>boned goth comic
funny captchan

| also banner "this is depressing..."

| i can't even cut myself properly
my knife is fucking dull

| What's the fucking point of ending your life? You ain't getting shit, so what the fuck is the point?

| >>612272
being free

| >>612277 being free from living to just not fucking exist in any shape whatsoever? What the fuck kinda profit is that, nigga? I'd get more out of sucking off a bum on the streets of NY, that's a fucking STD to add to my new disease collection. You get jack fucking shit out of dying, fuck that gay bullshit

| >>612277 nigga you think Elon fucking Musk is entitled to shitposting on Twitter and being fully capable of launching a genetic enhancement program because he killed himself? You think you'll be free after killing yourself? Bitch, really? You'll lie in a ditch, maggots crawling out of the corpse your spirit had inhabited while I'll be pointing a finger at your dumb ass after I jacked off till I couldn't feel my legs and playing Halo with my boys, fully fucking content with myself

| >>612277 that's some gay ass thinking, boy

| >>612277 free from what lmao.

Listen everything sucks, we're all gonna die, nobody knows what their doin so just chill the fuck out and ride the wave. I've been where you're at, depression sucks, but you ain't alone. To an hero is to be too lazy to find other avenues of help

| >>612281 >>612282 >>612283 >>612285
i think i really want to be free from having to read your fucking retarded replies

| >>612286 I stand by what I said. To ignore mental health issues is fucky wucky. But if you're expecting legit help from a rando board I say quit being lazy and get some real help.

Shit's different for everybody. Go to a doctor. Can't do that? Go to a counselor. There's online counselors. There's the suicide hotline. The suicide hotline people are really nice, I know from experience. They even have a chat service.

Get off /u/ and talk to a human.

| >>612286 you didn't have to, but you went ahead anyway. I hope my retarded replies at least kept you from killing yourself for five seconds. Mate, we here to help each other and I ain't letting you waste your life without first reading all my dumb ass replies

| Elder scrolls 6, and all the waifu mods

| Death is tired, unpaid, and overworked. Give that dudette a break. Is that good enough reason for ya?

| convince yourself

| there's really nothing for you in death, life may be troubling and some problems seem like they're taking over your whole life but if you stay strong and believe in yourself you can pull through for sure.
nothing in life doesn't have a way to be solved, it just takes that time and effort to make it through.
you obviously dont *want* to kill yourself, because you made this thread. so i hope that im able to at least help a little
there's always someone out there who appreciates you

| Lots of shitty non replies here, as always people stroking their egos by trying to show how "tough" they are by putting up with pointless existence and by belittling those who want to die, it's just another proof of suicide being adaptation of non caring nature - sacrifice that small percentage of people so rest can bond and feel better about themselves and life
You dont want to live because why would you. Alas, nature made sure to make leaving as hard as it can for you

| >>612533 speak for yourself. Putting up with pointless existence? What's pointless about simply existing? How is that any more pointless than not existing at all? And don't try to make yourself some victim of nature, you don't have to feel miserable, you choose to.

| >>612534
everyone is victim of nature, no one asked to be here
ofc, nature developed lots of cope mechanisms so that you feel good about being, but that's just nature doing it's thing so that things that it created continue to be, just like nature itself continues to exist for the sake of existing
if you don't know what's pointless about it, then I'm not gonna try to change your mind, obviously you are well equiped to live for no reason, but you too should "speak for yourself"

| If you actually wanted to die, you would be dead already and not be posting here. You will die sooner or later no matter what you do. Enjoy the things you find enjoyable until your time comes.

| >>612541 like there's a better alternative in sight. If you wish to feel miserable because of circumstances beyond your control then so be it, your choice. Just don't insinuate that your lookout on life is the right one.

| >>612534
>What's pointless about simply existing?
exactly. we simply exist, there is no point in it.

| >>612736 how is there no point in simply existing though? In enjoying every moment without a clear end goal in sight? In partaking with everything life has to offer?
I just don't understand this philosophy, it seems absurd to me to presume that there should be a greater goal to strive to as opposed to simply being alive. What more could you possibly ask for? Direction? A mission? You're given the ultimate freedom, I'd say just roll with it. Set a goal for yourself if you want.

| >>612736 ultimately I believe the point is in the act of living, of taking this resource you've been given and making something out of it by yourself. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what I assume life is.

| >>612750
i think if we were able to enjoy the act of living, and could find comfort in the little things, some of us would not be searching for some greater meaning. but for some of us, living is just unpleasant and bleak.

| >>612818 definitely a possibility, sometimes life is a bit too bleak to try and find any enjoyment in the midst of it.
I've gone through some bad times in my life, sometimes could not see the future I wanted. Then I just stopped caring much for the future, surprisingly I found strength in stoicism. That's what I'd recommend to anyone in a tight spot, focus on what you really can do to improve your situation, stop caring about the end result and just accept reality for what it is

| >>612818 I probably sound like a TV salesman.
Crap
Whatever, if someone will buy it and find peace with his current situation, that'll be good for me

| >>612828 but reality is disgusting. Guh

| >>612830 if you don't like your surroundings, then think of a way to change them. Even if you cannot change them, you can still focus on the better aspects of existence and not on the worse part

| >>612837 but dying is better than that.. I'm too tired. Yeah I guess I have no reason to be here, I really do want to die. Sorry for wasting your time.

| I say it's a weird theory of evolution.
Anyways, if you're going to say "you have built in coping mechanisms, so you are able to be happy", then you CAN say, "if you aren't able to be happy, you have no coping mechanisms".
However you CANNOT say "if you don't have coping mechanisms, then you are unable to be happy".
Pure logic.
You are talking about nature, a concept that has outlived man for idk how many billion years... You can't just say "it's nature fault i'm feeling bad".

| Ultimately, do you know how PAINFUL it is to have someone explain they want to kill themselves, and then ask for help ?
If people try to help you, and then you just ignore their effort, and go ahead and end yourself, they feel like complete shit. It makes me want to fucking puke.
The simple POSSIBILITY of this grazes my mind, and suddenly I already feel like puking. Like I'm a useless fool that's been played with.
I really hope it's a bait thread, cause i'm not living this again.

| >>612844
if someone asks for help, and you try to help, and they end up killing themselves anyway, it is not because you were at fault in any way. dont assign yourself blame, or guilt, or pain, for being there when someone asked for help.

>>612829
its possible that some of us struggle with giving up or letting go of an impossible vision of the future that we want for ourselves, and that overcoming that could help allieve suicidality as it sounds like it did for you

| >>612844
yeah poor you, those pesky suiciding people, why can't they just do it quietly and far away so we don't have to see and hear about them

| >>612842
ofc you can, if nature of things is how it is, then you realize how pointless is to do anything and that alone is enough to make you see that suicide is the right option

| >>612856
yea it's pointless, and everything I do is because I can. and I wouldn't have it any other way. and if I have to bleed for it I'd still do it.
if you want to defy nature, paradoxically the thing to do would be to live.

>>612855
YOU BET !
If only they'd begin to consider what I'm saying, they wouldn't have to taunt me.

nice bait

| OP here my last post was >>612286 and nothing i read here convinced me

| Consider the chance of there being a plane of existence in the afterlife, where people which killed themselves get to re-experience their deaths for all eternity. Are you a bad enough dude to find out?

| If you're gonna do it, don't cut yourself. Unlikely to die that way. Life sucks, can't argue with that. I also halfheartedly tried to convince someone in that other thread. It seems like it can be fun. Maybe we're just too autistic for that. I'm sorry.

| >>612964
i dont think that would be enough to scare people away. instead tell them their afterlife will be like this life only you cant die in it. that would scare me from doing anything.

| Shoot yourself fag

| Listen to Nike's slogan

| I doubt this will do much but as someone who attempted and failed many times, I always thought I needed to be given a reason to live. I realize that i didnt need a reason but just the courage to live life how i wanted. I wanted to escape because life was and still is painful for me but im still here (sadly
Maybe that might convince you? I'd say find a therapist and just talk them and then think about why you haven't done it yet sometimes it's the silliest reasons but it's something

| Best of luck, OP
To live or to not live
That's a choice left up to you

Total number of posts: 44, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1577355996

This thread is permanently archived