danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is it me or deep voice feels good?

| A lot of narration for trailers and documentaries uses a deep middle aged guy voice and they just feel good to listen to. I kinda feel bad about this because it make me less inclined to watch female youtuber for that reason alone. But I'm also a gamer so probably I'm just misogymnastic just like the popular belief. Thoughts?

| I for one would take a middle-aged man with deep voice over some young chick any time. They sound kinda annoying to me, while old guys have that dignified, powerful quality to their voice which makes you heed to them immediately.

| You hate yourself and you need a reason to justify that.

| I'm not sure. I have a voice that's on the deeper side, and I get complimented on it, being told that it's nice to listen to and that kind of stuff. I'm not really sure though. Very, very high pitched voices can sometimes be straining, but aside from that I don't really care about tones of voice. I find different types to suit different moods. Almost very type of voice is nice to listen to in the right context.

| People use a lower and deeper voice when talking to people they love.
That's because it does feel nice.
Trying to go for lower pitch will also naturally make a fuller sound. Which is indeed nice to listen to.

Also why the fuck would you watch or not based on voice.

| >>608176 a narrators voice plays a crucial part in that kinda stuff. You wouldn't want to watch a documentary voiced by a 2yo child, right? It is a hyperbole but it gets the point across, you want to listen to a pleasant voice in an primarily audio media

| >>608229
I wouldn't watch a documentary because it's got "pleasant" voice.
Though I agree a documentary voiced with a quite universally unlikeable voice would at least give me second thoughts about watching it.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1574635697

This thread is permanently archived