danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is there some vpn that doesn't take 90% of browsing speed

| From my experience vpns slow down so much using them becomes basically pointless maso. I'd love to watch bunch of stuff not licensed in my country noone cares to license stuff for.

| Probably should've posted in /tech/ now that I think of it, but u has more people versed in the mysteries of cyberpunk vpn bartending.

| Your speed is going to be slowed down no matter what, that's just how it works, some vpn vendors provide more efficient servers for a monthly subscription or some shit, so if you want it faster, you gotta pay for it

| I could pay if it would've at least allow me to stream a tv series without freezes in 720p+ quality.

| Are you trying free vpns? I can watch 1080p YouTube just fine with mine, give some paid vpns a try they're not super expensive to just try one month

Check r/privacy and r/VPN

And this.
https://thatoneprivacysite.net/#simple-vpn-comparison

| Host your own vpn server locally and connect to it.

| That does work for protection from private wifi but if you're worried about your ISP blocking things like op it won't accomplish much

| I've been using TunnelBear and it's extremely fast (am in US) but it's a Canadian company so I kinda regret paying for it. I was thinking about switching to CyberGhost bc they're Romanian and have dedicated IPs plus a shit ton more servers than TB

| >>607978 isn't that the shady company that bought pia

| free vpns where?

| +1 for cracked vpn. I used to use one, I didn't feel decrease in speed that much and there were a lot of ip from different countries to use in case you get ip data capped by certain download website.

Plus, if you feel the service is great, you can stop using the crack and actually buy the subscription.

| I use protonvpn because its plus trial is extremely easy to abuse with spam email addresses

| >>524d82 I need a follow up on this question. I almost bought a pia subscription today

| >>608029 cyberghost is owned by kape technology, which under the previous name crossrider was bundling adware in with their VPN installers

Supposedly this stopped in 2016, and they rebranded in 2018 but...

| >>608029 disclosure, I have 270 days left of pia membership and I'd recommend them except for this deal assuming it goes through, I think it needs ftc approval first

| >>608033 kape is buying pia, forgot to add that

Do your own googling as with everything

| I always shill trust.zone VPN. Most VPNs out there, especially the free ones will just sell your data. If you're just using VPNs to circumvent censorship or get around region restrictions, many free VPNs will do you. However they will sell your data. If you care at all about privacy, you'll want to pay for a VPN, or even better, find one that operates outside of the 14 eyes.

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1574559486

This thread is permanently archived