danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
existential dread?

| been having alot of thoughts about how basically everything I do is meaningless since in the end we die anyways, so I'm wondering what some of you g/u/rls that have experienced the dread use to cope with it?

I've asked friends and family for advice and they've given me some lectures and resources so I'm a bit stable for now, but just curious what danger/u/ uses to get by in daily life.

| For me it's pretty much the other way around. Life is meaningless, there's no set destiny. BUT you did get the gift of life, and as such the ability to feel and think. Might as well have some fun and enjoy life since we're able to.

In terms of having a meaning in life, being able to enjoy it is enough meaning. Wanna do sth fulfilling? Want to positively impact the lives of close ones? Want to be a better person? Just want to relax and do nothing? Your call. Do whatever suits you

| Sure, everything is meaningless, but it's more fun to live in the present and enjoy life.
It's an optimistic view on the whole existential dread thing. You didn't need to be born. Life as we know it doesn't exist for a reason. But, Might as well see how far humanity can get; or on a smaller scale, see how far you can make it in life. And by that I don't necessarily mean wealth or social status.

| I love sex.

| I mean, live life while you can.
Visit some obscure country or a country that stands out from the rest.
Go on a road trip across your country/continent.
Read books.
Make several memories.
Get out a little, if you'd like.

| >>606304 might try the sightseeing thing, thanks for that idea.

thanks for some of the advice and other outlooks, will try to remember to reflect on those whenever the next attack comes, lol.

| Oh it's meaningless if you want it to be, alright.

You're part of a system that gives you one shot, in a single short time frame of its whole huge, huge, huuuuuuuuge existence.

I like to ask myself : what if I was the one who had chosen this time frame ?
Look ahead. Where would I have wanted to go ?

Well, I don't care why or how, but I'd definitely live this life.
This space is lent to me, and I can -and will- make something of it.
Because I chose it.

also this >>606281

| The problem isn't just that life is meaningless. That alone could be interpreted as you being free to do what you want. Absurdism and existentialism for example. But you're not free to do what you want. You're bound by all kinds of rules, from ohysics and bio to social norms and economics. The reason we grave meaning is because life isn't good. There isn't a justification for our struggles. Your daily grind is pointless, it won't even make you happy.

| socialize. nihilist thoughts come from narrow minded view of life. by interacting with people you'll get new perspectives. it won't change the fact that life is meaningless, but it will make it slightly more enjoyable as long as you keep seeking that new perspective (there is endless amount of it)

| >>606330
I mean that's not bad advice but I don't really agree with the reasoning. Having perspective means you understand and are constantly aware of all the horrors on this planet. Narrowing your perspective is actually a great way to decrease anxiety.

| >>606319 it's all good fam, most of this is my own experience. You experience different cultures and have like a little escape from your own world.

| >>606346 you got a point. or I could say, you just broaden my perspective on perspective, and now i'm more anxious about my opinions

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1573607151

This thread is permanently archived