danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Making art

| Long time no see g/u/rls. Does anyone like,make anything? This is vague as all hell but where do you draw inspiration from when its clear you dont have much talent?

I still want to keep making **heavily gæ** art that isnt that good but without the motivation of those twitter likes it's hard to stay motivated.

| I like to draw and write and make music.not realy that good at any of them but i realy enjoy making stuff and you should to.

| Well, I was planning to make another one of my "got bored so I draw" threads at /v/ in a couple days, but I guess I can post what I have finished so far. Give me 10 mins or so.

| https://imgur.com/a/jWb4fsl

| The first one is a Niko from OneShot that I'm doing for a class. Long story short, I'm helping a teacher and right now they are learning shape dynamics with brush/pen in Photoshop. Doing it as an example and as practice. First time doing it with shape dynamics.

The second one is a Stella I did to polish my style. As always, done from memory. I swear, I will draw someone else besides Stella soon! But first I kind of want to see how she would look with shape dynamics...

| Oh. Motivation. Almost forgot about that.

That's hard to say, considering how little motivation I have.

One part is a mix of envy and rivalry. Life didn't gave me lemons, and everyone else has them. There a lots of students who have nice things like tablets, but I don't.

>So I decided to make that lemonade with my own hands.

It helps when there is someone to compete against.

Another part is praise. You draw something nice, people say it looks nice, and you feel nice.

| >>606142
doujins when

| >>606151 Unless I change my way of thinking and improve my skills, I don't think I will.

What I can draw and what I like to draw is very limited. Mostly videogame characters in very basic poses.

And while I don't have problems with people drawing nudes of them (heck, I would go as far as saying that there isn't enough VA-11 R34), I don't see myself doing them.

The idea of doing that to characters I like is weird.

| >>606148 thats just the main motivator I use.
I dont want fame or to get money out of it. I want to make nice things that make people go "nice" cuz it feels nice.

How do you 'compete' against someone without like crushing yourself over 'they are much better than me'? Look for artists of my "level"?

| >>606167 Kinda.

I started using that sketch book back in February 1st 2018.
Had one or two drawings of Dorothy before April 1st, when they release VA-11 Kids. That's when most of us see Merenge's style for the first time.

I was atonished because how good it was. That moment I knew I couldn't surpass that if I aimed in the same direction, so I decided to shoot as far as I could in my own direction.

You must know what you can do and what others can, without letting it stop you.

| What I saw was something leagues beyond me, but not something I couldn't try to reach. Only something I couldn't beat playing with the same cards.

So... Kinda. It's easier when you have someone on your level and style, but when you are dealing with someone way better, you have to understand what is near and what is far away.

>I don't know if anything I said made sense to you.

| I like to do stuff on Cinema 4D.

http://imgur.com/a/mUr5TGO

This is a PS2 I made some weeks ago. It's not as good as I would like to, but my computer is so slow that this took 21h to render.

| >>606088
If you are making art to be popular, you are making art for the wrong reasons.

| >>606142
That Niko is absolutely fucking precious. I envy your dedication to the craft (in the best meaning possible), my fellow g/u/rl, and hope that one day I'll be at least half as good as you are.

>>606088
Let's be real here for a second, >>2a9d2d is right. If you want to motivate yourself by the result of posting your art, it's unlikely that you'll get far. It's better to learn to love the act of creating any art, make it a habit. At least that's what works for me, YMMV.

| Remind me to post it again when I finish it. Right now, Niko lacks a body, the whisker part of the haircut, and some other stuff like shading.

Somehow I will have it finished by wednesday morning, and I don't like the implications.

| Bad news. I was wrong. Had no free time.

Also, noticed the scarf was wrong. Drawing from memory isn't the best for on-model drawings.

Question. Has anyone done a Wizard of Oz - VA-11 Hall-A drawing?

Dorothy as Dorothy, Rad Shiba as Toto, Sei as the Tinman, Stella as the Lion, someone as the scarecrow, Gilliam as the flying monkeys. It could be fun to draw.

| I try to draw every day, just random things. I'm no where good but would like to be in the future

| I don't do it if I clearly don't have enough talent.
I don't do it.

| >>606242
doujins when

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1573809176

This thread is permanently archived