danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Scared of showing your face

| I'm an EXTREMELY insecure person, especially with my looks. This comes from being bullied and struggling with weight issues my whole life. Even in recent years where I've become social and have irl friends, showing my face online frightens me, with an irrational fear of losing my friends because so.

Well, a good friend of mine online mentioned doing a video call tonight, first time I'll see him too. I'm extremely nervous, honored that I'm trusted, but scared of showing myself.

| Have sex with him.

| >>597171 I had a similar issue op. I had a online friend who is a girl which I talked to everyday for years but because I only had a few pictures on my social media she asked me for a recent picture of myself and I could not work up the courage to take one and send it to her so in the end she thought that I was not who I said I was and she completely stopped talking to me which kinda sent me into a downward spiral of depression and loneliness. My advice is to do it.

| Learn to take good selfies. It comes a long way. Protip: no low angle and use natural light

| Well, if they stop being your friend just because how you look, then you shouldn't be friend with them. It's not like you are shoving your face to them, it is them who want the video call and they should be prepared for it.

If you are still not convinced, then just say that you are not comfortable with showing your face, they should understand. Else, ask them if it is okay if you wear surgical mask + sunglases.

| >>597210 to me, that sounds like they wanted to be more than friends. If they are acting like that and block you because they think you're catfishing, theres a very high chance they werent interested in just being friends. They probably saw your few profile pictures, thought you were decently attractive, wanted to see if you were catfishing.

| >>597230 I went on an online app a few months ago to try to make friends to play runescape with. The website was made to just meet new people, whether its to make friends or relationships. I stated in my profile I was only on there to make friends. I guess this guy thought I was a decent looking chic from my pics and started messaging me.

| >>597231 A few weeks later he added me on snapchat and got mad that I didn't send a selfie to him? (Although he never sent one either so.. hypocrite much?) But he called me all kinds of names, said I was a fake profile and was catfishing people, that I was leading people on, and then blocked me on snapchat. So I got back on the original app, sent him a video of myself flipping off the camera saying "get fucked, stephen." And blocked him.

| If you're friend is curious to see what you look like, go for it and send a selfie. Friends dont give a shit what you look like. If your friend blocks you because of how you look, then they aren't a real friend. It can be assumed they had an ulterior motive if all they care about is how you look.

| Hey, I've felt in a similar way before, but now I'm rather open with showing my face to most people I trust, and even entire servers!
Granted, I am slightly under the delusion that I look great with my long hair as a guy, so there is even more so a "reason" for me to enjoy that.

| >>597236 lemme see ya long hair. I'm always jealous of guys with long hair because it's always super pretty, compared to my shit hair. I'm convinced its something in mens shampoo

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1568972895

This thread is permanently archived