danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
My peanuts had some bugs in them

| And I didn't notice until I almost finished the 180g bag. How bad can it possibly be? Should I just go force myself to puke it all up before it's too late?

| i remember once a story about a guy who went camping/fishing with a couple of acquaintances, and he was kind of a newbie so he was really proud and happy to catch something like 3 carps to show everybody that he could actually fish.

| >>596322
anyways then they set up a fire and started heating the fish up and then they ate it with some bread. and a few vegetables. anyways when everyone was already eating some dude who wasn't eating turned over and showed him the fish he had at his feet.
it was rotten and crawling with maggots. the guy was so devastated. and everyone was happily munching away too.

| >>596322
so it turned out only the fishing guy got like seriously ill and it was wilderness, you figure, luckily they got a hospital in time.
he lived to be fine but never fished in the wild again. the guy telling the story really emphasized on how fucked the guy looked when he realized what he fed to his buddies, thankfully they didn't die or anything like that. just goes to show how you really gotta behave in nature and anything can screw you over, even a fucking fish gone wrong.

| >>596323
Well, I feel even sicker now. Thanks, g/u/rl.

| >>596317 call tech support and have a programmer debug you

| Even with the story above he probably got sick from the bad fish more than the maggots, you can eat most bugs just fine, it's disgusting but it's probably not going to hurt you op

| >>596362
not so sure about that man i heard about worms in florida from peru that can fucking kill you man, and painfully since some are parasites too
parasites are way more common than people imagine and mostly it's by ingestion that contact spreads so just like the guy's story make sure you know what you're eating. it can get south pretty fast if you don't watch out

| I mean do you know what kind of bugs, OP? If you're worried about it you can always go to a doctor for it. Though they might think you're a dumbass for not noticing sooner, atleast you can get help.

A lot of bugs are probably safe to eat. There are cultures that eat insects daily. I say if you feel fine, then dont worry about it. If you feel sick, make yourself puke, see if that helps, if not then go to a doctor.

| >>596511
Looked like... Some kinda weevil, I think? Not really a bug person, might be wrong. From what I've found on Google, most weevils should be fine to eat. About two days after the fact I feel completely fine, the only remaining effect is that I don't think I'll be touching any roasted peanuts any time soon.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1568644155

This thread is permanently archived