danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How do you organize your icons?

| Phone or pc

For my phone I make vertically symmetrical designs and tend to not use folders but on PC I just make a circle around the border of the monitor

| On pc - no icons, i can just use the start menu/dmenu and type what i want. No need to involve the mouse and clutter the screen

On phone - divided across multiple screens in clusters representing function. For example, 1 corner qr reader, 1 corner music/audio related apps, 1 corner messaging, 1 corner maps/transit

| I used to get everything I use a lot on desktop autosorted alphabetically and all else on the menu
Now I don't because app/program search features are far faster and more convenient than they used to be in the past

| I don't use the desktop for anything except a background and status bars. On my phone, I have a search bar that also opens apps, and on my desktop I have dmenu.

| On pc, I don't use icons. It's easier to just search for a program when I need it. On my phone, I'll put the apps I use most in staircase patterns, clustered based on type (work related, school related, etc)

| I use a redstone powered item auto-sorter.

| no icons on desktop nothing

nothing in task bar
barely anything in start menu
no tray icons
no favourites

if you get onto my laptop without my knowledge you're gonna have a hard time actually finding anything, and not because there's nothing there

i know where everything is though... it's a dumb-away method

| Not a lot of people still use icons on PC, huh? I put my games shortcuts in a folder in a corner, with some games I play often clustered on the right side of the desktop. Left side has misc apps or misc temporary files I forgot to remove/replace.

On phone I arrange it according to to the background image, which I change every now and then. Not a lot of icons here, though.

| No icons here, on phone and PC. Searching is so much faster, especially if you have set a shortcut (i.e, a two-letter for your favourite browser).

Plus, I get to stare at my waifu wallpaper more. Icons don't allow you to do that.

| (op)

I too use searching on my PC, add in wallpaper engine and I set my icons to 50% opacity, but windows 10 search has always been bad/slow for me it ether doesn't find my programs or it takes a few seconds to actually show up, currently using launchy but I'm curious what others use

I always felt searching on my phone was slower, though I use Swype so I'm not fast at typing on my phone normally to be able to use shortcuts like that

| >>596200
On phone, it really depends on what launcher you use. Some launchers are search-focused and their operation generally revolves on getting you a search result fast. Most launchers don't do this though, this makes them slower at doing searches.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1568476751

This thread is permanently archived