danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Ads

| So I know this person who's making a VN. I took a look at it on Steam a few hours ago. Haven't checked it out in a while. It's not a famous or well-known game by any means.

So fast forward to now. I checked my Facebook and got an ad for that exact game... There must be hundreds of ads running on Facebook, that can not be a coincidence right?

>Inb4 Why use Facebook?
I don't really. Just check in from time to time because my parents and my friends still use Facebook.

| Why use Steam?

| Facebook, like Google, knows everything about you oooo

Did you visit Facebook/Steam on the same device? Tracking is e v e r y w h e r e

| it's called ad tracking dipshit. it's been around for a long time

| Yeah I know, it's just weird because I've never seen it so blatantly obvious before. Normally I don't even see ads because of adblock too. Wonder if I would see it more if I checked Facebook more often.

| Asking this >>587820 bc if you visit Facebook /Steam on different devices and the ad still shows up, that's extra spooky.

| >>588066
Yeah, it was on the same device.

| Here is the thing, Facebook tracks everything, they can triangulate your interests by matching your steam account and Facebook account based on friends that have both on the same device.
That's the level of insanity you can expect from zucc

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1565599534

This thread is permanently archived