danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Anyone ever worked as a bartender?

| Is it as comfy as it is in VA-11 HALL-A?

| Considered it after finishing the game

| I worked as semibartender and it was a bar only in the evening, more like a Cafe. It was not comfy at all.
In the game there are a lot of interesting characters, but irl there are none (myself included)

| a friend had a bar and once he had to go home early and left me in charge until his partner would come at around 5 am

a friend of the owner was here too and helped me out if i needed some

i got some tips because some girls thought i was cute that i had no clue what to do at first, then i got the hang of it

when the partner showed up at 5 we prepared for closing up but then the bar filled up quickly again because every other bar closed, so they came to us
some interesting people

| Girls?

| >>587496
GIRLS??

| I haven't worked as a bartender and I think I would really dislike it as I like to sleep at night

| I was to make long post but char limit and i couldnt cut it for some dumb reason so - a year in restaurant/club at night, loud, working like robot, serving/making drinks, constant lack of glass, doing rounds to collect empty, cust geting angry for taking their 99% empty glass, small bar with 3 people behind(if lucky), 2 ppl if not lucky, no time to talk(not like I would want to with those drunk apes), sometimes some guy sitting ay nar teling you stuff you dont care about cd.

| women dont tip, most tips went to girl bartenders, scaming owner on drinks(using already opened and not used up juice, energy drinks and shit for 2 drinks but charging for 2 used, using lots of ice to arificaly fill glass up to make it happen), shit pay, shit hours(15+ sometimes), lots of drunk ugly and mean people, lots of sweat, place closed down because of dwindling attendance, good riddance. For some reason took summer at other restaurant later, busy as fuck, fuck service job

| >>07da8e this sounds reasonable, just like I've imagined this job

| Not a bartender, barista. Working with coffee is comfy af.
But I'd like to try bartending sometime.

| Yeah, barista is whole another story. Coffee people usually much more intelligent than drunkards (rolling out some dumb Instagram models). And it is much more quiet and much less crowdy in coffeshops. Music is nicer too. Some places even has bar counter, so if some custumer want to chat with you - no problem! I think, in real life you have a better chances to get va-11 hall-a experience as a barista, not as a bartender.

| Still, most customers are boring, because it's not a game with fictional characters, it's a real life, where smart and interesting people are rare (and that's why everyone appreciate them). But I still think that it's much more pleasant to work with people that are not yelling at you and not about to puke

| I imagine you'd have to find a bar that very few people know about/ go to for it to be anything like the game. Most bars get ridiculously packed or are so fancy and high strung you'd never be able to have a conversation.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1565437777

This thread is permanently archived