danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is there an easy way to get into programming?

| I want to do something meaningful with my life. Might be too late for that I guess.

| Not really. There are certainly programming languages that are better to learn than others as they are easier to use and just over all better than others, but there's no cheat code for becoming good at programming. You need lots of time and patience. Programming is something you always get better at, no matter how long you've been doing it. So if you want something to do with your life, getting into programming should be extremely rewarding and fun if you have the time to learn.

| >>585279

Pretty much like anything, really.

| You can't really get into programming per se. Imo you need a target, what you want to do, since programming is just an instrument. The more defined your wish is, the more concrete paths we may suggest.

Btw, Python ftw.
>four cod club

| What's the best one to start with? What resources would you suggest? And what targets could I set?
Learning real languages is a hell of a fun, but it doesn't pay off as well as programming ones do.

| Well, Python is pretty good in all ways imo, it can be used for web and for a lot of other thing, it's pretty simple and logical and it has a lot of support (i.e. new versions are constantly released and there are lots of libraries for everything). You can make simple site using Flask, you can make VN using RenPy, you can make desktop app using Tcl/python qt, etc.

Dunno about real world python vacancies but it surely is a not bad and hard start.

| Programming is always time-consuming, so you should buckle up. I also second learning Python as your first.

And oooh, you posted this in /u/ instead of /tech/. You might have dodged a bullet there.

| >>585396 Forgot about /tech/'s existence.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1564844157

This thread is permanently archived