danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Thoughts on piracy

| I do not encourage it, but completely condone. If we were all living in one big country, so that the pricing is totally fair, there would have been no need for it. For now it has to be.

| I'll let my Captcha do the talking here.

>>china master race

| >>579177 remember kids it's not piracy if copyright law doesn't exist

| Copyright law is a conspiracy propagated by disney and media corporations

| As long as you don't profit from it and no one is directly losing money from it (potential lost profit is NOT a direct loss) it's okay. It's still bad, sure, you should actually pay for developers' work, but it's at least somewhat understandable, especially in poorer countries. Plus, "extended demo mode" is also fine.

| >>579177 master is 6 letters baka

I pirate TV shows because I want to watch TV, but I am not satisfied with the other options available for that, especially the paid ones. I pay for Spotify because I like the service, and I think it's worth the money. By pirating TV, I am providing pressure on Netflix to improve their service; by paying for Spotify, I'm supporting a well made one.

| Avoid if you can,
If you can't avoid it, it's ok happens sometimes, especially with foreign media that never gets an official release in your area

| Yar har, fiddle lee dee
Being a pirate is alright with me
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate

| >>579370 It will take a lot more than you to pressure Netflix into something. Anyways, what's wrong with it? My only grudge is obviously pricing (10 euro is not cheap here in the ass of the world).

| https://youtu.be/i8ju_10NkGY

| >>579406 I don't expect my personal input to be the main driving force in a change in Netflix's product, I'm just justifying my semi-piracy. Also, I don't like its price, the way it exclusivizes shows, and the lack of downloading shows, DRM or not.

| I always pirate games, then, if i like it - i buy it to support the creators

| Yarr harr fiddle dee dee

| >>579406 just means piracy must become acceptable. Then companies will be forced to provide better services so we decide to pay. Now companies just get people talking when they do something wrong so they ironically end up getting more people buying just to be in on it. Piracy would help in that situation.

| Get over it OP, as long as freedom will be tolerated, piracy will keep on existing. The only reason this is still a thing on the internet is due to the lack of resources allocated to monitor each and every IPs coming in and out. Also, the human is very greedy and selfish, it's in our nature so if it means saving up on actual expenses believe me, people won't care even if it's not morally correct, actually fuck moral.

| I don't pretend Piracy is good, or that it's justifiable, but I do it anyway. Mostly for convenience, like testing out games to see if they're shit.

A Hat in Time, for instance. Pirated it before the dlc came out, liked it a lot, then ended up buying it on steam. It was mostly to support the devs at that point, and also to play online with the new dlc.

NGL, if it's from a bigass company that fucks people, like EA, usually I pirate out of pure spite.

| >>580216 you know that pirating for testing the game is justifiable. don't lie to me like that

| >>580216 I simply don't play most ea games out of pure spite. Other times pirating is the way cause you can't play in english in my region.

| Netflix seems to be going through hard times with their stock value down by 10%. Good job, guy pirating netflix. I don't believe it'll become any cheaper so that I could help them with my third world country wallet.

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1563543187

This thread is permanently archived