danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Am I the bad guy

| I found this perfectly good iPad on my way to school this morning. My dad was like "Oh you should try to return it" so I've decided to wait a couple of weeks and I'll sell it if no one shows up. Apparently it wasn't good enough? My dad wants to hack into the iPad, find the address linked to the iPad, and give it back to them. When I told him that's going a bit too far he started yelling at me and telling me I have no empathy. Am I the bad guy?

| Yes, listen to your dåd.

| >>572031 your dad suck, just sell the iPad.

| You're a bad guy alright, but hacking into the device is just as bad a selling it.

That's why I always leave this kind stuff where I found it and pretend that I didn't even see it, it's the easiest way to avoid those moral questions

| >hack into the iPad to get personal info
Is that even legal?

| You're clearly NOT a bad guy

| People are weird to think an iPad is something essential to a person's identity/lifestyle.
And if you do agree it is not, then why would you go to such length? Lost food/book/toy would never be trearedthis way for this exact reason.
Seriously, at a conceptual level, what's the fundamental difference between an iPad and a book or a toy? (^^ except maybe that the ppl carrying the former are much more likely to be rich and not nice than the ones carrying books or toys?)

| >>572088 do you also consider laptops to be the same as books or toys? just curious and has nothing to do with OP's question.

| imagine if it was your pad

| >>572031 >>572085

Very illegal.

What if the owner of the iPad decides to press charges?

>I'm sorry officer, I hacked the iPad so I could return it- not to commit identity fraud, I swear!

| Op if u r a girl u gonna b a gud stripper with those daddy issues u r developing.

| Just keep it to yourself until the original owner comes to your house. Hacking it won't do any good and it's almost impossible to hack the device.

| >>572088 because it costs more money and has more uses and stores things the owner might need. So it has more value.

| >>572088 also you don't have to be rich to get an iPad. Many people in my neighborhood have Apple products and i live in a low-class neighborhood.

| >>572088 nigga, do you know how many books and games you can have installed on an ipad? Yeah, a lot more than a person could carry around if they(books and games) were physical.

Plus you can check your email and do some work on it, it's very useful on the go.

Smh at these old niggas and their aversion to technology.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1560985708

This thread is permanently archived