danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What is a summerf*g?

| i've seen this word mentioned a lot of times in this board, but i still don't know what is exactly a summerf*g (or summerfriend). i mean, how can you relate the coming of summer with the emergence of a group of new anons in a board like this?

| it stems from a tide of underage b& that usually sweeps 4chan during summer, attracted by the promise of a secret club where they can roleplay as the hacker known as 4chan.

since 4chan was once called the final boss of the internet, chanology was a social movement, and they were apparently on steroids, everyone wanted to be part of the over 9000 penises that never forgave, never forgot, and got referenced on Oprah that one time back when celebrities were easier to troll because they didn't know how to backtrace.

sadly over time after moot gave up and hotwheelz failed, consequences would never be the same.

needless to say summerfags also rarely stick around since they have to go back to school at the end of summer.

| if any of you are old enough to understand and/or have been around when any of the above actually happened, i'll be impressed, but then, I heard that some of you are in your mid twenties, so i guess its possible.

| >>570523
i know about chanology, but didn't get your other penises, Oprah and hotwheelz references.

i've been on danger/u/ since last christmas i guess, but i already knew about the board. i just decided to get more involved.

>>570522
>needless to say summerfags also rarely stick around since they have to go back to school at the end of summer.

wtf. i didn't know kids these days were so stupid that they can't shitpost and keep up their school work lmao

| Summerfags are people who come here and post during summer and then leave after summer is over

| >>570532
anyways, i've been lurking and posting on 4chan for the last three years (and still do), so basically i'm a 4chan kid. 4chan is a fucking shithole.

my fave boards are /s4s/, /tv/ and /vr/, but i've also spent quite a few time in /b/, /r9k/, /lgbt/ and /mu/, but left because they were shit. i was really dissapointed with /b/, it was mostly shitty instagram pics of girls in swimsuits, it actually felt like the normie board.

| Just faggots who come here in summer expecting wholesomeness when this place is called "dangerous opinions"

| >>570539
but why? why summer? don't they have better thing to do than shitpost on an iranian frycooking forum?

| >>570543 well as>>f9b612 already said most summerfags are kids who have nothing better to do during summer

| fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag

sorry

| >>570542
i get the dangerous opinions thing, but i don't understand these new edgy posters. they are pure cringe. it's just so forced... definetely not fun. the edgy spammer anon sounds more like a reddit kid or a /v/ poster, probably has a varg profile picture.

>>570547
pretty sad, actually

| >>570551 I love you my faggot nigga

| >>570551
i rate this shitpost with an 6.5/10

| >>570532

Story time with colour mod! But truncated because I have work lol.

Way back, anon sent a troll letter to Oprah's program that there were "over 9000 penises" going out and raping children. To their surprise, she took it seriously and during one of her episodes, read parts of the troll letter- even quoting "over 9000 penises," and "they never forgive, never forget" on live television. Shit was wild, and you can probably find the clip on youtube still, unless she DMCA'd it.

Hotwheelz is the handle of a disabled man (actually disabled) who tried to make a 4chan SUCCessor after moot sold out, leading to what is now known as 8chan/infinichan. Full of promise, he had the support of weary anons who felt betrayed by moot after he made a long but mostly believable post, detailing his plans for the new board, and his earnest commitment toward the goals of anonymity and free speech.

And for a short time, it was all good in the hood g. Well, up until he started partnering with some douchebag in order to make ends meet finances wise, and started shitting on his own ideals. The full story and copypasta are a very long read, but his userbase fully turned on him after he started shilling 8chan on le reddit to get new users to view his ads for revenue. And the rest... is history.

Anyway, gotta go, happy shitposting you nerds, and happy Friday!

| >>570567 thank you for the history lesson. I knew about the Oprah and hotwheelz making 8chan. Though did not know about him shilling on Reddit. Also have a nice Friday to you too based color mod.ヽ(•ㅂ•)/

| There is no such thing as a summerfriend..

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1560578694

This thread is permanently archived