danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why does society hates geniouses?

| How come many smart people are seen as weirdos or super misunderstod? Intelligent hunmans need love too

| You "intelligent" people want to be loved but you refuse to flex your social muscles and you blame your "intelligence" on that
Guess what? Being allegedly smart is not an excuse to be anti-social
And if a simple rationalization like this is beyond your grasp maybe you're not all that smart
Even a dumb idiot like me knows this

| Well you're wrong. The notion that people with high intelligence tend to be lonely or misunderstood because they made a concious choice to is obviously complete and utter Bull.

The real reason seem to be that if one of your brains abilities greatly exceeds in what it does then it will come a the cost of another parts capability, and it seems to usually be your social functions that take the hit. Our brain doesn't seem to be able to exceed at too many things at once.

| >>570021 cont
It's supposedly also harder to relate to eachothers thought-processes if there's more than a 20 point difference in IQ which creates a lot of misunderstandings.

This is what was explained to me when I did the Mensa application test. Mensa today isn't an organization where you get the most intelligent people together to try and change the world as was intended when it was started. Today Mensa is a meeting ground for people to find their peers and make friends.

| I don't know what you are talking about. My IQ is 136 and I get laid everyday.

| >>c9944b with that attitude of self proclaimed superiority you can bet that everyone will hate you.

Smatass jerks need to learn a little humbleness

| >>8ce0b0 Whatever attitude you think I'm having is 100% in your own head.

Intelligence is real and we must allow ourself to accept that some people are much more intelligent than us, and accept that they are allowed to recognize these facts about themselves, without lowering ourselves to insults, ad-hominem and excuses.

Denying this would be like denying what intelligence actually is. Which is just silly and contraproductive.

| So you want society to adapt to you without you having to adapt to society.

That's not how it works, everyone has to make concessions, having a high IQ doesn't mean other people are forced to accept you.

You'll have to make a choice, be "productive" as you claim you are or be more likeable and less "productive" even if just a little bit.

We are human, not gods, we can't have everything we want without any sacrifice.

| >>8ce0b0
I'm a bit confused. Are you talking to me or op? Because I never claimed to take the same stance as op on his topic, and neither of us have been talking about any kind of productivity in this thread either. You're gonna have to evaluate further.

All I did was responding to some toxic BS and insults that doesn't have any place in a discussion about intelligence. I thought I was very clear about this.

| High IQ individual here. I used to think that society hated me and had an edgy >tfw 2 intelligent phase. Truth is, though, no one cares about you or your intelligence. People care about what you can bring them, what benefits you bring to their lives.
Am a business man now and I chill with millionaires on the daily and, guess what, half of them are absolute fucking retarded fat fucks.

| >>570165 they didnt get there by inheriting millions. They got there by working like dogs for 20 years. Now they chill by the pool with top models, drinking 15k$ champagne.
Meanwhile, the smart ass with his 160 IQ is bitching about how no one cares for him. People have this expectation that because they are smart, they are special and have a special destiny waiting for them. Meanwhile mr simpleton is just selling milk cartons as a kid and is now making bank selling cars

| >>570165

this but unironically.

society doesn't hate "geniouses," it hates know it alls who know a lot of shit that no one cares about.

And jobs know this, too. That's why the best way to get a job is through networking, not through sheer grade point average.

| >>570166 Working like a dog for 20 years won't make you a dollar milionaire. You insult the working class with the notion.
dread dog buss

| Baka, who said anything about him working as a milkman for 20 years. You might not believe it, but being a boss and hiring the right people and making them do the right things to get the right kind of business growth is more work than just manning a machine.
Noone becomes a millionaire by working a deadend job for their whole career. Yet some peoplechoose to do so.

| Society hates genius ? Whatever you're trying to say makes little sense.

| >>570216 Only the working class work like dogs (and often get treated like ones) where I'm from. Bosses usually get by exploiting those or embezzling.
If that baka was addressed to me, shounen.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1560473759

This thread is permanently archived