danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Ramblings on HR-staff

| They always ask stupid cliched questions: What's your dream job? Why did you come here? What did you learn that for? What have you accomplished? Why didn't you work before?

My answers to these questions won't tell anything about my suitability. Moreover, I don't know how to answer any of those. Can't they not menace me and instead see how good I'll be at the actual job. It's impossible to pass any of those interviews.

| HR professionals don't often evaluate your suitability, they're mostly there to evaluate your personality and your stability
They want people with good "soft skills" nowadays because training "hard skills" is easy and cheap in comparison
And that sucks because people with anxiety or that are socially awkward have bad "soft skills" and that makes it harder for them to get a job even if they're qualified on the "hard skills" part

| > I don't know how to answer any of those

Did you try to fucking google them?

| >>568987 most of tjem are personal questions, how does one look up their own personal opinion on Google?

| >>568988 there are right and wrong answer patterns though. For example, when people from a tech company ask you "What's your dream job?" it is NOT a good idea to say "God I wish I were a fireman". You need to say something like "“I think my dream job would be a combination of creating products that are making a difference in the world and getting a chance to share them with as many people as possible".

Nobody wants to hear the truth.

| fuck HR fuck them all

| >>568980

This is pretty true. Sometimes you can say what >>569010 suggested and still fail to get the job, because believe it or not, good HR people can smell bullshit- especially when its the same copy pasted thing everyone says or is told to say from wikihelp.

Ultimately you can tell them your "actual" ambitions (unless you have none, in which case, you're honestly screwed) and as long as you do it in a confident and well organized manner, they'll think that you're the kind of person who might be able to succeed in the position you're signing up for. Everyone wants something, but very few people actually know how to get past the dreaming stage. Jobs don't want these people- they want people who are motivated and have a plan and a vision to see that plan through.

The reason being that, say, they assign you to some project at work- the assumption is that you would put in the skills you displayed during the interview toward the assignment. If you just regurgitated something you saw online in order to past the interview and didn't really have that "go-getter" attitude when you're employed, you're going to fail the assignment, and the company would have wasted time and money hiring you.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1560198988

This thread is permanently archived