danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's the deal witb Santa Claus?

| Americans (and probably others) make a big deal out of him being real or not real, there's an insistance on kids not knowing he's a myth until they get older, etc... why? In practically any culture there have been myths where the literal truth or untruth of them hasn't been important, they were myths. We still have those, just look at urban legends or capitalist democracy. So how did it get so important that kids know whether or not Santa is real?

| Santa cannot help.
She did not know but Santa was her husband.
Santa is bones.
Bones help nobody.

| I feel OP

Grew up knowing Santa doesnt exist, and that all the presents on Christmas were from my parents. Thanks to that, I grew to appreciate them more.

| I have come to realise that most of the people who care about this stuff saying that kids must believe in santa and try to protect them from "losing the magic of it" are the same kind of idiots who sign them up for religion education/indoctrination at schools without giving any second thoughts, they just read a blog about good parenting and retarded traditions and call it a day

| You people know nothing, it's in his name, Santa 'clause'
Older people had to sign a contract to not reveal Santa's identity because ot was secret government experiment to subvert religious traditions and turn them into consumism
Think about it, Christianity never claimed there was Santa Claus Christmas was supposed to be the commemoration of Jesus but instead it became some loony consumist craze
It's all about taking real religion down while making a profit

| If people wanted to give out some magic to the kids, they could just make actually unfalsifiable claims. There's plenty of those around.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1560029301

This thread is permanently archived