danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Getting old is terrifying...

| I turn 26 next week and feel so ancient and disconnected from who I thought I should have been by now, from who society thought I should have been...

I can't even sink into fantasy and distract myself with media because it feels like 99% of the characters are all young and plucky and have youth and determination and lots of potential and I'm past the point of no return in comparison, y'know?

I used to think the 'Christmas Cake' concept was dumb but fuck am I feeling it now...

| >26
>feeling old
Try 30, haha..
It gets even harder when your friends are actual functional adults with jobs and a kid and a car and preparing to get that mortgage for the a new house after they finish that work overseas because a promotion might be line after that..
Meanwhile, you're just existing. You know that you became what 10 years ago seemed so distant and, thats kinda the point. 10 years ago I was 20 and playing WoW till 5 in the morning..
Where the fuck did these years go?

| Yeahhhh, the characters being young and plucky is the biggest hit for me so far. It's getting much harder to relate to them.

| >>568247

this

i turn 30 at the end of the year...

| This probably won't help, because money and all that buuuuuut, consider taking a course in something you find interesting. There's never any time like the present, plus having something like that to work towards stops you from just existing, y'know.

| I know how ypu feel OP, I just turned 25 and I feel the same
Especially when I see younger coworkers quickly outranking me no matter how hard I try....

| >>568247 maaan i feel u

| I know everyone will be mad at me but i just turned 20 and it already hits me when every anime character is in highschool or sth and is having the time of his life.

| >>568747 yeah that's how it begins

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1560078884

This thread is permanently archived