danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
should i play an instrument?

| a guitar, piano maybe? an electric guitar, too.
is thinking that getting to play an instrument enough of a motivation?

| Yeah, do it. Pick something you like and use it to create cool things. Don't worry about anything else.

| Ye

| Just know that it won't be that easy. But don't lose your determination! A good way to keep going is recording stuff you learn and then, few weeks later, listening to it and comparing to your current skill. This really helps to track the progress. Also, if at some point you'll think it's getting serious then consider learning the theory (learning it right from the start would be ideal but not so many people do it.) Good luck!

| yehh it's so cool. I love playing the piano. And when you get good at it it really help as a healthy hobby.

And you can flex if you want. like public piano peoeple. (not really my thing tho)

| It's good to play one, don't buy one right away unless you really want to play it, first get to learn the basics and if you like it, then buy it, and also, don't close yourself up on playing a not so popular instrument

| If you intend to do it, you need to seriously keep at it. Pianos are no fucking joke

| Do it but be careful of any weird habits you pick up. I'd say learn by yourself enough that you can read notes or play songs super easily then get lessons with a pro like once a month.

But if you want to be like solo piano dude playing bach, get lessons. No other way around this. Get lessons. There's a quora thread out there somewhere explaining why, I can't find it because I'm on the shitter

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1555894902

This thread is permanently archived