danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Choosing a career

| How did you do it, and how do you stay motivated? Should I choose something I enjoy or something more profitable and stable? I'd like to know my motivation in life before it's too late.

| Usually it's not so much choosing a career, as it is going in the general direction of some jobs and blundering your way into a career.

| Also, what was college like for you?

| Sorry my internet is slow and captcha sucks.

| Try to find balance, something you enjoy(or at least don't hate) but won't leave you unemployed

| Choose something you enjoy doing.
Working a job you hate kills your life and your soul.
Don't expect there to be an easy path to anything. If you want something you have to fight for it.
Make connections and keep in touch, they are super important and helpful.

| College was fine. I went to a prestigious uni in a subject I thought I was decent at even tho I had no particular liking to it bc I got a sorta scholarship that made admission easy.

I quit after a year because I realised that I hated the subject, and the pressure of a prestigious school mean I don't have time to pursue the topics that I do like.

So yeah, uhh. If you're gonna throw years of your life at something, make darn sure you want to throw your life at it.

| >>549949
>Should I choose something I enjoy
yes
>or something more profitable
no
>and stable
yes
>I'd like to know my motivation in life before it's too late.
Just answer the following questions (at least to yourself)
- Do you go to school? Which subjects are interesting to you/in which ones you are good/bad.
- What are your hobbies and personal interests?
- What are your personal strengths and weaknesses (socially, technically, creatively, physically, etc.)?

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1555063906

This thread is permanently archived