danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I fucking hate myself

| Rant time everyone.

So basically I'm autistic. Technically ASD. I also have ADHD and anxiety. Never really affected me before (I thought they misdiagnosed me at first) but lately I have no goddamn social skills, I have near daily freeze moments when thinking about things. The ADHD is the worst tho. I have no motivation. Like if I try to do something my brain decides isn't worth it my thoughts just...white noise. Idk how to describe it. /Rant sorry for wasting your time

| What kind of person you become depends on your genes, upbringing, education, etc. You can control none of these factors. Therefore, there's no reason to hate yourself or anyone (:

| >>9e2244 ok... I have pretty much the same problems as OP (maybe even worse) and I think this whole "you should love yourself no matter what" is useless and not true... At some point you have to say "the way I am isn't ok and I hate it" and look towards improving yourself. Just because it's my genes or family or whatever doesn't make me less of a nuisance to people around me. I don't want others to feel bad because of me.

| What you're saying would mean that I would be a daily inconvenience to whoever has to do a group project with me or teach me something or ask me a basic question forever. For me to live like that and still think well of myself I would need to lack empathy and pride. I would need to return to being a self-centered, aimless child.

| I know I'm not OP but still felt like getting this off my chest, because no matter what I say or write to people I get shallow messages like this. It really just upsets me. But maybe OP will appreciate your reply. Feel free to ignore this.

| Not to mention the injustices I have seen and still see everyday. I can't do anything about them, despite wanting to, because I'm not normal. Last month (I think) I made a post about my teacher getting bullied and as I read all the replies I realized I really can't help anyone, because I can't help myself. And it's killing me. I have to see disabled kids and a teacher getting the short end of the stick everyday and I can't do shit. If I just had some balls....

| I know what I have to do but there's so much I need to improve on I can't do this by myself but I can't even afford a therapist. Ended up venting myself instead... Sorry but I just got emotional. Didn't think it'd need a thread...

| Find someone to look up to. Someone you respect. Someone who is virtuous. Then dissect their personality. What makes them who they are? Then, brainstorm actions that will build those virtues. If you can, surround yourself with people you look up to. You are most like your five best friends after all. Eventually, you'll stop, and realize that you just did an action that reflects a virtue without even consciously trying to build that virtue. It just became automatic. That's exciting.

| >>549189 honestly I know how it feels since I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Sometimes I get really worked up over certain things like missing keys or something like that

| cute. are you a shut-in?
caring for shut-ins is my fantasy

| I hate myself for having no motivation too. There are so many things I want to do, so many dreams to achieve, but I don't ever even make an attempt to start. It's always far more pleasant to imagine doing something than to actually do it, so it's difficult to find a reason to live in the real world.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1554839205

This thread is permanently archived