danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any actual bartenders here?

| How is it? Are you as cool as Jill?

| jill is gay lol

| I fucked a bartender a few times. He wasn't a bartender at the time though. I like him, but honestly he's not as cool as Jill..

| >>539980 because he ain't got his own plushie! Amirite?

| >>539980 What is a man to a goddess?

| >>539980 is he as fuckboi as Gil tho?

| >>539980
>>540019
Is he as John as Gil tho?

| I was one for few months a, customer held my hands and said I bring him peace, like a priest.

I also played pool with a blind guy because he insisted. I won, by the way.

| >>540028 sounds like you had an interesting time working there.

| >>540028 Dumb question, is it a tough job? Hows the pay? I don't mind getting paid to play pool with a blind dude

| >>539963
Everyone who posts here is considered a gay girl before proven straight

| >>eb71aa It's fairly interesting when there's people. When it's quiet you don't really do much.

>>96f38d I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was good enough for me at the time. A bit more than I got at a school kitchen, since I needed to use expertise in alcoholic drinks and such.

If you don't mind/enjoy banter with drunk people and have a thick skin it's a very fun job. Sadly the bar I worked in was closed due to money problems. Totally not my fault, I swear.

| Not a bartender, but a mixologist. I invent drinks for bars. I might look at becoming a bartender though. Interacting with other people can be pretty fun. Hey, where is that g/u/rl who was looking at starting up a bar? There was a thread here a few months ago.

| >>539961 Yes, i Love my job.

| >>540024 >>540019
Oh gods no, if he were like Gil I would have never slept with him in the first place.

| >>8e0b66 isn't that the title Jill hated to be called haha. I'd say try at least experiencing the bar first hand might give you a few drinks ideas

| >>540160
Gil is arguably a good type of fuckboy tho

| Va11 has single handedly fueled my interest in becoming a bartender/mixologist. Its been stuck in my head for a year or so now. I wouldnt want to do it as a primary career but id love to do it as a side job.

| >>9fe734 dumb question II, in a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult is to make drinks? You ever studied mixology or something like that? I'd like to learn bartending, but i think that im too stupid for those kind of things

| >>802e48 im in the same situation as you, because in my country things are getting difficult, im trying to study in europe, but i dont think i can make it, i will probably get a part time/full time job if everything goes wrong, and thats where the bartending part enters

| >>f3b9b6 The only studying I did for it was as a part of my chef studies.They'll have the instructions for drinks at the bars themselves usually.

As for difficulty, it depends a bit on the drink. Most are super easy, like 2-3/10. You could invest in some tools to try it out at home.

In my opinion anyone can learn to mix drinks, it's being with people that isn't for everyone. If it's something you want to do and love, totally give it a try. I believe in you, g/u/rl.

| >>540524 and what if I'm not a drinker myself? Could I still become a decent bartender?

| >>0f71a6 Well you're not allowed to drink on duty anyway. You might have to taste test sometimes though, so that you know how it's supposed to taste and if the one you made tastes correct, much like a chef would.

| >>540537 I mean is it possible to make good drinks if you don't drink? I never even got drunk in my life.

| Damn, changing between wi-fi and mobile internet makes you lose your identity

| >>157228 I guess it could help you be more emphatic with the customers if you know how being drunk feels. But like said, you'll have the idea on what goes in a drink and how much. Then there's the different methods of mixing those ingredients. I guess you don't have to drink it, but again, it'd be good to know it tastes the way it should, so that much I would say is required. Doubt you have to have experience in being drunk, I certainly didn't have much.

| One time I put some lime juice in my lemonade

Am I a mixologist? :3c

| >>540653 I was a bartender, now i manage the bar.
So, you drinking just affects your personal taste. What affects your job is your experience in mixing, not your experience in drinking.

| But like the g/u/RL ahove said, if you know how to be drunk feels, it will make easier to relate with your costumers.
I had to deal with a lot drunk people since ever in my life, since my drunk father to the last costumer who hit a girls inside my bar.
And that linda teaches you how react in some ocasions.
Sorry for my bad english, this is not my first language

>>157228

| >>ef6d88
yesss, u just need to know if it tastes properly, one sip is enough.
You dont need to get drunk yourself to be a nice bartender.

| >>540485 Theres some classes if you want to know.

But it isnt something you really needs, if you know what you doing of course.

My father was a bartender when he was young in one of the biggests night clubs of our city, in the 80's.
I had been growing up seeing my father making drinks for himself, and my momma doing the same, cuz she loves to drink too.
So it was something i learned while the years passes.

| when i was 18 a friend opened a bar and asked me if i knew something about being a bartender, i just entered because i needed money to college.
Now here i am, im the manager and im saving money to open my own bar.

| G/u/rls i would like your opinion.
What is the best name for a bar like va 11 hall a?

Serena

Or

Ravena?

| >>541331
Serena if it's a pleasant well-lit place. Ravena if it's goth af

| Serena is kinda comfy, Ravena is a more dark and incisive thing. It depends on how you want your place to be

| Might as well just cut out the middle man and name the bar Meatball Head.

| >>541331
I'd go with Serena. Ravena was my calculus 2 teacher's name

| >>541331 I feel like I've heard of this before. Serena is def the one to go for. Ravena sounds nightclubbish.

Or better yet go for seyana. Or sorena. Or arena. Wakaru!

| >>541522 but if she named it arena, I'd bring my skates.

| How was st. Pat's day, bartenders?

| >>541835 here in my country people dont even know that this holyday exists so, it was just a regular day

| >>541389
>>541332

U guys are right, i should decide when the bar is finished

| >>541973 Brazil?

| >>541976 bullseye

| >>541976 excuse me but how your guess was so accurate?

| >>541980 because I also never heard of St. Pat's day and I'm from Brazil too

| >>541984 nice

| >Been a bartender and a mixologist. >Wasn't as cool as Jill, but entertaining and liked by customers.
>Bar has mysterious fire on my day off.
>Building now burned out shell.
>Show up for my shift to find police waiting for me.
>Owner and other barstaff all missing. Get asked many questions.
>Turns out bar was front for organized crime.
>Was deliberately not told by owner and staff.
>Question everything.
>No one wants to hire not-mob me.
>Building still ruins 3 year later.

| The more people reply to this thread, the more I realize we've got a great team of people here to start our VA-11 Hall-A themed bar. We've got >>540028 the priest and pool champion,>>540062 whose bar closed due to money problems,>>540069 the mixologist,>>540524 who did chef studies, and could run our kitchen,>>540787 (the absolute mad g/u/rl who put lime juice in her lemonade),>>541320 who manages a bar,>>541411 who is a genius with name ideas...

| and >>542351 whose bar ended up burning to the ground. Possibly the best team of people to have ever been assembled. Who else could we need? Exactly. Now all we need is a bar.

| >>542371 Priest, closed bar and chef student are all me, actually. I just keep losing my identity from disconnecting from WLANs.

| >>542433 even better. We have one g/u/rl who os an absolute legend, and the rest of us can help out.

| I'm working on my Bartending, thanks to this game!

Total number of posts: 53, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1553516044

This thread is permanently archived