danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Told by HR that my english isn't good.

| Had a phone interview. So humiliating. No one ever told me that. Never before have I plunged into depression so fast. Fuck my life. So much pointlessly spent time. All I ever was is some hillbilly thinking high of himself. Don't feel like looking for a job anymore.

| >>533947
fuck that bitch. go look somewhere else. if even black people can get jobs then so can you ;)

| >>533947
If a company puts you in an awful situation, criticises you or plainly humiliates you during an interview, you have dodged a bullet since the management of said company is going to be a bunch of pieces of shit. They are doing you a favor by showing how are they before even hiring you.

If they just gave you a tip of some feedback after the interview, they are actually being nice. You now know a possible personal weakness, so go and improve it!

>>533986
Back to 4chan pls

| >>534012 Well, English speech is not something one can easily improve living in a country where it's not used, unfortunately. If anything, her choice of words was hurtin,- hearing me speak she made a conclusion I'm as bad at English in general it seems.

I'm more concerned that I did make such impression. That makes me think that those HRs who said I'm fine or good weren't truthful, saying kind lies. Anyway, I don't think I am able to use English for employment and that's awful.

| >>534066

If it's because of the accent, well, ignore her. I have worked as customer support and I have myself a thick Spanish accent I am not able to get rid of. Basically nobody even bothered,if else some people even had an easier time understanding me

If they just told you that because they quickly identified you as a foreigner, she was just racist. English is a business/international language and it doesn't even matter how its spoken or how much you mess it up to some degree.

| >>534089 Nah, she's Russian herself, so it ain't racism. The work was about selling certain products and services to Americans. She mentioned that my speech would sound unpleasant to them and I won't even understand what's being said. Well while the former might be true, the latter was presumptuous. I never had much trouble understanding American English.

Maybe I mess it up too much. Never had my teachers complain much. Maybe a few times. Was still the best in English classes.

| >>533947 your English IS bad.

| >>534188 lmao dude you really gotten good that time. Epic post!

| >>534188
perhaps he's just scottish you fucker

| >>534188 How can you tell?

| Your written English seems fine

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1551523756

This thread is permanently archived