danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How do you find joy in what you're doing?

| I've had issues with motivating myself to do various things and committing to any kind of hobby for a long time. And recently I have been able to kinda figure out what the issue is. I just don't feel good doing anything. I don't feel any pleasure in trying to play an instrument, or drawing, or even playing videogames anymore. Day after day goes by and I'm just trudging along, never really into something, never realy doing anything other than wasting time. How do I "fix" myself?

| Sounds to me like either you're depressed, or you lack excitement from things you used to find exciting. I would suggest trying totally new things or diving even deeper into an old hobby than you used to be into. Seek inspiration! Maybe ask what other people enjoy also.

| I'm in the same boat honestly. I've spent months doing essentially the bare minimum to survive.

| >>530886
I can't really find excitement anywhere anymore. New hobbies last for maybe a week at most, and then it's back to doing nothing at all at home after work. And old ones are hard to pick back up. And even when I do, I feel almost disappointed in whatever I'm doing.

| >>530901
In the case of vidya, I advise to seek unique games, games that differentiate themselves from others, that offer completely unique experiences, examples being:
Papers Please, Return of the Obra Dinn, Lethal League(and Blaze),Another tread recommended Zeroranger.

Find games that provide something new, but concise, as to not drag for too long and tire you out.
>Ganbate

| >>530863
When you start doing things better than others

| >>530912
There's always someone who's doing things better than you.

| >>530912
Self-depreciation is a thing tho.

| >>530998
It absolutely is. And a thing I know almost too well.

| how2notbdepressed?

| >>531034
Mind-altering drugs.
Failing that, completely changing your life.

| >>531042
...I think it's easier to get drugs, as sad as that is. But going down that rabbit hole will only make a person even more miserable.

| Poorly, only happy when in a relationship. Feel like death otherwise. Kinda fucked

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1550512145

This thread is permanently archived