danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
If you could be a Mom, what kind of child would you want?

| Boy? Girl? Would you raise them to take lots of your own interests or encourage them to find their own separately, or a little of both? Would you tell them about Santa? How would you help them understand the world? How would you comfort them when they need to share something serious with you, like their first love, or coming out to you, or needing to talk about a breakup or hurtful mistake? When they bring home an F, how would you get their grades back up?

Or anything, really

| Reading all this just reminds me I'm not ready to be a parent.

| As long as he/she doesn't become a youtuber I'm OK with whatever they do and accomplish

| i want this and it hurts

| I'd prefer the one that doesn't exist.

| Bringing a child into this world without asking them first is rude.

| Girl. Extra points if dark haired. The only things I can teach are Taekwondo, Swordfighting, Graphic Design and Gaming.

I always avoided insults, drinking, eating in excess, and betting, thanks to my father and the society I live in not being the best examples to follow. Might try to teach that too.

I have the feeling this will end in a "teached everything I know, learned who I don't want to become" kind of scenario where we end up in a cool swordfight for being an awful parent.

| girl. i have enough uncles, brothers, and nephews.

| Boy. I would let him find his own interest, yeah, but I want to steer him early to be someone who's curious, who reads a lot. I'm gonna stock up on fun encyclopedias and such. It's what I grew up on and it did me a lot of good.

ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET until he's, like, six or seven. Internet can too easily be cancer.

| I always want to be an approachable parent. Someone who's friend with their kid? But I have a disorder that made me prone to flights of anger, anxiety, and plain dumb mindlessness, so I'm kind of scared there.

| I do not wish to be a parent, but just if:

A girl, hopefuly with my hair and eyes. I'd do my best to keep the world magical, but as she grows up let her know the cold hard truth and that she should be happy despite it all. She has her family.

Just let her find herself, the world is scary and it's ok to be scared.

| If I ever had the will to do so, I would prefer them to be polite, not disrespectful, but when they turn 18 I will happily respect their decisions since they're responsible at that age, just as long as they aren't arrogant about it.

| I would want to have...

...no child at all!!!
Ive got such bad genes that if my child dont get shittons of bloodpressure problems, overheight due bad metabolism and many other fun stuff.. then his child 100% will
Im alive and somehow well cuz i got lucky to have mother working as medic so she knows how to threat my health state and who can if she out of ideas
And how i will treat my child with no med knowelege?

Living like that dosnt really worth it. An unnessesary path of pain

| I'd let my kid punk out as much as he wants. Parents try to keep you in line so if my kid wants to try drugs, booze, video games I'd bloody give them that. Parents always try to hide this stuff cause they don't have much experience with it and so they just end up scaremongering but kids notice that. So for example if they wanna do some weed they can do it with me and then we'd chat about what actual chem drugs do vs natural weed.

...guess all I want is a honest kid, no hiding shit

| For real. Overprotective parents are nice people, know some of em. But it makes kids submissive, you know? And not the fun kinda submissive!

So many kids just expect mommy to be there and when they turn 18 they don't know who to turn to or what to do. I'd let my kid try all they fucking want and even give them advice!

Wanna drive a bike? I'd build one with custom parts!

Visit a gay bar? Here's the address!

Start a band? I'd help with setting up the fucking concert!

| I would wanna get one girl and one boy
I would be ok with a lot of things as long as they manage to get a job and get their life together

| a smart, gentle girl would be nice. i will love her even if she hates me and wants me to die. if she doesnt hate me, i hope she feels she can come to me with any problem, and nothing she tells me will make me stop loving her and ill always do what little i can to make things better.

| >>530165
As long as they are healthy in mind and body. One of each at the minimum.

| Ideally, i'd have a little girl and encourage them to go out and experience the world in ways that I never did in my youth, or was too afraid to. Things like participate in more school programs (of their own accord) and make friends in the local neighborhoods/take public transportation to class instead of being driven and shepherded everywhere. It'd be cool if they could share my interests, but I'm afraid of them falling into the same pitfalls because of that, like how video gamers *do* tend to become shut ins... but that's not just the fault of video games, usually other issues are present which *lead* into it, such as social anxiety.

So, ideally, I would like them to grow up without that. Maybe I'll try for more than one kid, so that they won't grow up lonely, hopefully.

I'm not sure if I'd tell them about Santa. If they're smart, they'll find out on their own, and if I did my job properly socializing them, they'd probably understand why I did what I did at the time.

At this point, the other questions are a little deep and I would probably need to write a short essay, sadly. But to simplify, and keeping with what I wrote above, I'd probably try to present an open door policy- a real one, mind you, not a "my door is always open but as soon as you open your mouth I'm going to tell you everything you're doing wrong, what a terrible person you are, what an idiot you are, et al, and then be surprised why you don't include me in your personal life."

This is pretty difficult in itself because if you're raised in a judgmental household, you're probably going to turn out judgmental yourself. But I don't really have an excuse, knowing what it's like, do I?

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1550503396

This thread is permanently archived