danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Are online friends better than real life friends

| I feel like they can be and for me usually are, or at least I can talk with them about things I wouldnt feel comfortable telling my irl friends

| Sure, why not.

As a gurl with social anxiety, I grew up in online message boards. I had a sense of community that I never get anymore now.

| Can be but are not inherently so

| Both

| It depends on who you meet in both cases. I've met a lot of close friends in real life and online, and also met quite a few terrible people in both places as well. It's about the people you meet, not the method you did so.

| Ironically, those ove met virutally have been the most real, fleshed out, and personality filled peopld ive ever met. I dont like even talking to irl peers because they all seem so fake and almost robotic at times. Plus most every great friendship ive had irl has ended in a scenario most closely resembled by a plane crash landing in a metropolitan area while holding a nuclear bomb onboard. If things dont work online, just delet. People online know more bout me than my own parents

| This may be off topic but where do you make online friends? Ive never made a friend online before so im curious to how it goes.

| The internet removes the need for social norms, but allows lies more easily.
Basically, it makes people harder to trust, but you can generally get closer to them than you would IRL.

| >>529405 Depends on your social skills and persevere. Can be in a game/forum, or on a website made for that. You talk, and that's how it goes.

| >>999113 Try on discord. There are plenty of discord servers which the links are for online that you can join, focused around specific things you like (especially game wise).

| I dont like talking in discords, im most active on va11hallas parkinglot channel in their discord. Other than that im silent on discord. my friends are met through steam mostly. Some from old discord groups. Just play shit like tf2 and find friends and branch off from there. I trust most all of my online friends more than ive ever trusted any irl friends. Theyre real and down to earth plus im good at spotting fake fucks.

| most of the friends i've made are from either video games or discord. It seems making friends for me online is so easy I ended up being an admin of a server of 900 people. I dont really feel close with anyone in that server though. I actually prefer a much much smaller server. Maybe 20 people would be cool

| nice girls please be my online friend
I am scared of boys

| talking to someone online gives you this weird intimate insight in their thought patterns that i dont think you experience IRL. but how would i know i dont have any IRL friends.

| It's funny because when I was younger I had more friends online than in real life cause I was comfier online. These days I don't even have a presence in any non-anonymous community because I feel so self conscious randomly dropping into the conversation in an IRC or discord server.

| >>4bd5c4 likewise tbh. I dont really give a shit what i post here but the only discord i interact with is va11hallas and i only pop into parking lot once a day or so. Never do i join in convos in bar or any of that.

| Oh thank god,thought I was the only one who was uncomfortable just joining convos in discord and stuff, most servers I'm on I just lurk, too scared to talk

| >>4bd5c4 >>cfee78 >>3348f2
Same?? Like back in the message board days I'll post whatever whenever, but now even when the chat it quiet I feel too shy to pipe up.

| I feel more comfy isolated than in a room full of people. Ngl

| Pls Tell best discord for NEET g/u/rl to get girlfriend

| Two of my online friends have some problems and I don't know how to help them from a distance
So this is one disadvantage of online friends

| >>89c25d besides doing activities irl, theres nothing you can do irl that you cant do online to help. You cant help but you can be there for them and try to do things with them to make them feel better. I learned this overtime and from a doctor, you can solve your friend's problems. You can be there for them, you can comfort them, you can listen to them, but they must fix the problem themselves. Be there for them, listen to em if you can, but dont let it takw you down too.

| >>531195 irl I could judge the situation way better to begin with and could find out what their actual problem is
If necessary, I could then talk to their relatives about it or get professional help for them

I can do none of this from a distance

Just talking doesn't help, especially if you don't know the reasons and details of their problems
I really wanna help them, I just don't think I can

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1550575558

This thread is permanently archived