danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Bartender

| Is it bad that VA-11 HALL-A inspired me to become a bartender, Like legitimately.

| Well if you're happy with your choice then there's nothing wrong with it
Parappa the Rapper has inspired me to become a cook and it has helped me find my passion - cooking

| That's wholesome in some way that I cant explain

| Why would it be bad? You know what to work as, that's great

| In my impression, the bar is a bad place (there may be drugs in it).
So if you want to be a bartender
Clean yourself up
You'd better resign if the evil forces in the bar Pose a threat to you

| I worked as a bartender, now im the manager but sometimes i work serving cause i like to interact with people. Money for me isnt the reason for anything, my boss always is paying more to me to collect some debts, as a bartender i cant get the same amount of money, but i like it more than the debt collection thing.

I started just to have some income as i finish college, but now im saving money and im thinking in open my own bar.

| I already have two names in mind

"Ravena"
Or
"Serena"

But i cant decide whats the best.

| >>527539 I like Serena, personally. Sounds like serene
But, if you live near a locally-famous ravene, call it Ravena

| >>527539 be sure to make a thread promoting it when you do open it! I travel all around. Would love to check it out g/u/rl!

| >>527556 Yeah! I was thinking in "Serena" because of the Yakuza games series, this is the name of the protagonist's favorite bar in town, and the atmosphere depicted in the game is what i want to my place.

>>527593 Sure! Thanks for the tip, i will surely do that, and i would love to have one of my fellow g/u/rls visiting it!

| >>527481 OP why would that be bad? I think that is nice to have something that inspires you to do something u like and You didnt even knew u liked it before.
When i started playin VA-11 HALL-A i was already a bartender, i think i love this game so much because i feel represented in some kind of way.
It may sound stupid but i served a lot of people with a lot of problems, and i figured out that having someone to listen to your dilemas and giving advice is a good way to chance things

| For example, last year some guy with an angry look entered the bar, and started drowning his sorrows with some Cuba Libre. A couple of drinks later he was crying, and he told me that he was planning to kill some guy because he was fucking his fiancee. I told him that it doesnt worth it, doing that he will be throwing his life away for some people that dont even deserve to have him in their lifes.
Even with angry thoughts, he seems to have a good heart.

| After that night he didnt showed up for some time, i was wondering what he did do.
But last month he appeared again, with some nice girl by his side, and he was very happy, i could see in his face. She had to go early and he stayed at the bar, told me that he dumped his fiancee and some time after knew that girl, that her makes him feels special and etc.
Now he is a regular, showing up every weekend with her and some friends.

| Idk but maybe if we didnt had talked about his problems, if he didnt have someone, even a Stranger, to listen to him, maybe he would have did the wrong thing.
Or maybe not, who knows.
But it feels good to know that in some kind of strange way i had a positive influencie in someone's life.
And thats why i love this job.

| So much for the unspoken rule of all bartenders. Nice story tho.

| Actually... wow, this is really a nice story. Hero-bartender is here!
>>527481 If you will like doing it - why not? Doing something you enjoy doing is sure important. I'm cheering for you^^

| Okay I might not have access to a lot of booze right now and the bar wasn't always a place I went out in I will admit Va-11 Hall-got me interested in mixology. You know making an enjoyable drink seems way more fun then walking out of a bar piss drunk from beer, despite my classmates opinion (what can I say, we're young and Slavs. Cheep beer is our life)

| Also this probably isn't here or there but Va-11 Hall-a did also give me the idea of opening a gay bar one day here where they aren't common.

It's just me and my gay ass thoughts but I'd love to have a bar which is a small safe haven - and I know I'm not alone in that. You know, I would enjoy a finely mixed drink easier if I didn't have something to hide.

And I'll definitely be making drinks from the game! But which is the gayest drink in the game? Brandtini? Fluffy dream?

| Lol. Random ID change. Don't worry both >>077ef3 >>4b5cb5 are your gay slav future bartender!

| The manga bartender got me into mixing drinks at home. I already liked alcohol but never really went further than just drinking straight vodka. Just never tell anyone the reason. Keep that spaghetti inside.

| >>528132 i love to that manga too!

| >>527987
>But which is the gayest drink in the game?
brandtini, fringe weaver, and moonblast are my top 3 candidates. good luck on that gay bar, i'd probably fly over the ocean just to visit!

| >>528505 Fringe weavers are my favorite! You're def getting one on the house if you come here!

...tho opening up a bar is a long ways off for me rn.

| I got my bartending license after finishing the game. I had been thinking about it for a while before that. My interest in being a bartender is what attracted me to the game in the first place. It has been tough finding a job with no experience in the field. I enjoy talking to people. I hope I get a call back soon. I know it won't be like the game, but even if it is not I enjoy talking to people.

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1549710111

This thread is permanently archived