danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
danger/drugs/ #3: Tonight is gonna be a fun trip!

| Hey guys, /u/'s local psychonaut here.

I just drank 5oz of grape-flavored Delsym, which is 888mg Dextromethorphan Polistirex. Compared to the standard Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (HBr), polistirex is generally speaking half as strong but twice as long, so this will be like a 12-hour long 444mg DXM HBr trip, which is to say I'm gonna be gone for a while. I'll let you guys know soon how I feel. :)

> /u/'s local psychonaut.

| Catch /u/ on the flip side OP.

| Liberal arts students
Please start your showtime

| Explain to us how superconductor lrs actually work and make one that operates when heated to boiling temperature.

| Okay, so I have a bit of an odd trip report today. Last night was the most...boring trip I've ever had.

I decided to try DXM polistirex for the first time, as well as try it with N2O at the peak and take DPH for potentiation beforehand. I took 75mg DPH, then waited a half hour and drank a 5oz bottle of grape Delsym, which contained about 888mg DXM HBr equivalent according to the bottle. This was my first time trying polistirex, but I've done HBr close to 20 times in the past.

| Just before I drank it, I did one hit of nitrous to calm me down a little bit, which was admittedly very nice. Nitrous is pretty calm for me when sober, I've come to learn. The music gets a littlw wobbly and things get a little numb but its not too intense.

Anyway, I drank the syrup and was immediately relieved when I tasted it. It tasted good! I was able to hold it in my mouth, swish it around, and savor that nice grape flavor. I drank the bottle down and waited.

| Now, keep in mind that I had taken the DPH before I ever even took the DXM. I immediately shot, in less than an hour, from what felt like sober to what felt like a second plateau trip. This was likely just me feeling the DPH, but it was still somewhat intense right out the gate. I was sitting on the bathroom floor in a state of pleasant confusion, but also some nervousness. I kept feeling my heart beat very fast.

| It was around the one hour mark I ended up puking, as I always do on DXM. I've come to expect it, as no method I've used to try and stop the nausea at the one hour mark works. I just always puke, and polistirex was no different. Things began to get pretty intense here, so far it felt pretty typical to a second plateau trip.

| And then...after another hour, the DPH wears off, and I'm left in this state of confusion, because all of a sudden, I'm sober minded again. Its almost as if I peaked and then came back down and now I'm on the comeup again. I was so confused, why wasn't I really tripping anymore? What was going on? I couldn't pin it down, but it really felt like I was all of a sudden brought back down to a first plateau trip with the physical state of a second plateau trip.

| Mentally and emotionally, I felt unaltered, but physically I was stumbling and falling and rolling around more than I ever did on DXM normally. It was like my coordination was just gone, but my mind was given back to me.

| This annoyed me, and so I began to think about the fact that it made no sense that all that DXM polistirex I drank would only last a few hours, I mean this stuff is supposed to last 12 hours isn't it? So, I figured it out that it was likely the DPH which caused this, and that from here on out I just need to play the waiting game and wait for the peak.

| I waited, watched Netflix, played video games, sitting still and therefore feeling like I was basically sober, up until when the peak would have happened. I moved my chair, laid in a makeshift bed, began to turn on trippy music...

...and fell asleep, straight through the peak.

This entire night, in my opinion, was a waste of my time.

| Had I done things differently, had I redosed DPH again after it wore off or actually did my hits of nitrous that I was saving for the peak, maybe this experience could have been saved, but no.

Overall, most boring, least introspective trip I have ever had. I was hoping to gain personal insights, learn something about myself, and all I got was a feeling like an alcohol knockoff. Despite the fact that Delsym tasted way better than any HBr syrup, I prpbably won't do polistirex again.

| Now, I do have to report that this is not my overall view of DXM, because I have done DXM quite a few times before and I have had some pretty introspective experiences, but this is my opinion of DXM polistirex in comparison to DXM HBr. HBr is the way to go with this stuff, all the way.

And that's my trip report. Stay safe out there, /u/!

> /u/'s local psychonaut.

| P.S.

You know, I'm actually somewhat glad my trip went down the way it did last night. I have zero interest in tripping again for a little while. DXM does a very good job of regrounding me and making me feel more...present, once the trip ends. I always feel content in the afterglow, like now that I did that, now that I went out there, now its my turn to be here again for a little while and I don't have an interest in being out there again for some time.

> /u/'s local psychonaut

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1549338521

This thread is permanently archived