danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Current captcha is a legitimate problem

| I'm not asking to get rid of it, because spam is a greater evil, but can't we have something that doesn't force us to reload the whole page few times? Maybe, that stuff, where you just put a check mark in the window, saying "I'm not a robot"

P.S.: What if it is a cyberpunk thing? Creators of the board makes us feel like we are lilims, that are trying to go beyound their nature

| Current capcha is better than reCAPCHA, imo. Sucks if you are dislexic tho

| It's not such a problem on mobile because you can fail the captcha without having to refresh.

Also I get the captcha 90% on the first try, and if not most definitely on my second. I got alot better at doing the captcha when I realized that alot of the time the captcha no longer forms proper words, like right now it's.

Crape Poole luca

| Most of the times I get the captcha at the first try, but some of the captchas can get a review because the times were I get it wrong it is complete bs

| You only have to refresh if you press Enter instead of clicking the Submit button. That's something that should be fixed.

The captcha is annoying and I get it wrong half the time, but yeah, I much prefer this than the spam. That the page save the posts when reloading is a VERY nice improvement.

| I never had any problem with it, so you might be the problem.
It's one of the most unintrusive and clear captcha I've ever seen and you want to replace it with some useless shit? No thanks.

And by the way, a button to click doesn't protect from spammers, at best it slows them down slightly.

| reCAPTCHA is a self-driving car training scam. while this one can be hard to read, its vastly superior.

| >>524048 yoU mIghT bE tHe PrOblEm

| >>524302 And that proves I was right.

| are you retarded?

| I don't mind the captcha, it just that c, e, and o are the worst. They just look similar with the line. Plus, I am not a native speaker, so sometimes I can't even guess what word it is.

If we can diclude/reduce c, e, and o, that would be perfect.

| If you're worried about spam.Then you're so wrong.
Look at this place--small crowd and no one know it.(Maybe Spammer doesn't even know this place)
The spammer is wasting his time and money by sending spam in here.
The captcha is to remind me that I'm still in danger/u/.
PS:if spammer also a fan of [Va11 Hall-A] OMGGGGG~~~~~~~~

| >>524383 it doesn't really cost him that much and he gets the lulz

| >>107389
But this place is very well hidden
I'm not worried at all that spammer will find this place

| >>524383
Did you miss out on the entire REOL spam era?

| >>168ad4I don't know what that is
OK I may have missed something
“Spam era”←←←←What is that

| >>524443
Look g/u/rl, it may be for that very reason that we've been hit with spamming attempts multiple times. A small place with few people - It's perfect, they won't be whacked down instantly. Mods will be on a strain to clear the pages, and if the spammer cared enough they could probably just keep going until they got bored.

| >>524443
The most recent spammer was one who we call the REOL spammer. Every title of the garbage posts they made were song titles from this Japanese singer called REOL's albums and you can say they were the last straw before measures were taken, which lead to the early iterations of the captcha and the final one we have now.

| In the past, we've had spammers spam cp, threaten the mods with their own strange revenge-filled agenda, had their bots shit onto the board so much and so fast the site would break down multiple times. The earliest ones weren't so bad, you can say there it was just a guy having a chuckle when they posted an Augmented Eye article over and over inside and outside a bunch of posts.

| And there's always collateral damage. Innocent posts have been wiped out by the mods because of a false alarm and even the russian thread has been scrutinized a few times.

| Often it just doesn't work even, if you get it right, so I think the captcha could definitely be improved

| >>ce93a2 >>ce93a2 >>ce93a2
I never knew that
That's why our captcha is so complex?

| >>524466 how long have you been on this site

| >>1e4a00 just Two weeks ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ

| >>ce93a2
The reol spammer was actually most of the previous spammers, I believe he started out with the advertisements in /a/ and also posted the cp.

After getting shut down initially he had some personal vendetta against /u/ and the mods, he also said he's "destroyed" countless sites before.

In all, he's just some edgy kid with way too much money and time on his hand.

>>cc1e48
Welcome to the site, but yes the captcha is necessary, without it the site wouldn't be here.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1548475663

This thread is permanently archived