danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
why are swords so aesthetic

| I would like to take a bunch of them and stick them blade-first into the ground to mark the spots of the fallen. And then what if the fallen possess the grave-swords over time so then you have a big field of sentient swords ever watching?

And then if graverobbers, tons of swords just hack the fuckers to pieces and return to their spots?

| Swords are honed, innovated and adapted with extensive effort caused by humanity's long centuries of wars between one another.
Every change implemented is thought out and rigourously tested before being mass produced.
A man can owe his life to a sword, or be burdened by the responsibility that comes with it and conclusively meet their ends by it.
A sword's shape, edges, points, curves, weight, even the decoratives are not without purposes.
A sword is the ultimate creation of war.

| Sorry dont mind me just ranting at 1am.

| A sword is just an evolved stick. It has nothing particular.
A good looking sword will look good, am ugly one will look ugly. That's all. And the nice ones are not the ones you use for a fight.

| https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katzbalger

Just look at it and try not to cum.

| I guess our definition of aesthetic are quite different.

| all about dat phallus.

| >>523919
>swords used for fights
>not pretty in their own way
I suppose we disagree.

>>523980
No, this is a thread about swords and how sexy they are

| They're a tool that's only useful for killing humans; that means historically they've often been a privilege granted only to the people who are supposed to do so. Contrast that to spears, bows, knives, guns etc... that all have practical uses. That means they're socially tied up with power in a way that even other weapons aren't. They're a symbol for all the stories ruling classes have told about themselves, and others have told about them, for thousands of years in the west.

| While swords are pretty cool, they are only cool because of their historic usage, and they're pretty much outdated now.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1548376560

This thread is permanently archived