danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I just realised something and now I feel stupid because it took me long

| Alma's name. It is said that the japanese often mix L and R. If you switch those letters in her name, you have Arma Almas instead of Alma Armas. It's almost the same.

| But she doesn't have anything to do with Japanese does she?

| >>521785 No... but the game was released in Japan.

| Sure but Sukeban Games isn't from Asia, I don't see why would they mistake it other than being intentional, it would be easier to think that they had played with the Spanish words "Arma" and "Arma", but lorewise I don't see the connection between those words and Armitage.

| I meant Arma and Alma* xD Weapon and Soul

| >>521850 What I was trying to say is that japanese players might end up saying it wrong, not that Sukeban made a mistake.

Weapon Weapons and her best friend, Jurianne "Jirr" Stinglay.

| >>521883

This is now the only appropriate way to say their names.

Hey, if Ubel Blatt is allowed to he called Ubel Blatt... (Super blade, in German, with the R's improperly mistranslated.)

| >>>/test/thread/376318

| >>>/test/376318

| >>521883 ok that makes more sense than what I was understanding lol, which thinking about it I find it really funny how Dorothy would be Dolothy, sounding like Dolores

Omg what have you discovered

| Deal >Dear

| Jill would be Jiru and dorothy would be Doroshi. Japanese feel like Aruma and Alma is the same so they won't feel mistreated.

| I just lost like 10 minutes looking through the japanese scripts to see how they names are in japanese.

And, if you want to know, they translated Armitage as アーミテイジ and fuckboy as ヤリ◯ン.

| >>521958 no it's still Dorothy they just use a different r sound, and they don't have an L sound

| >>522110 talking about swaping the letters you party pooper whose ID is actually really cool

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1547646697

This thread is permanently archived