danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Well this sucks...

| I had a best friend that I knew since middle school, I'm currently in university just for measure. Got into a quarrel with the whole friend group but apologized after the whole situation and everyone forgave me. Well... Except for my best friend. It's been two months now since that has happened & lately I've been asking him if he's still mad at me. To my surprise he said that he can't forget what I've done and reassured that we'll never be friends again.

| I know. I've heard from many people saying that friendship is fleeting. But to react this way for this small argument. And in these 9 years we've had many arguments before. So why is he overreacting this way?

| What the fuck did you do to them.

| I always felt like I wasn't fitting with the group. So I wondered what would happen if I'd show my absence, which lead to a month of disconnection. I got so depressed that I blocked all of them in social media in hopes that they'd come and help. It backfired...

| Now I know that this one of the dumbest ways to approach this a problem. But I at least expected my best friend to come and ask me what's wrong. Instead he sent me texts like. "You forgot to block me on these sites:" and such

| >>514749 hm, sounds like a pretty weak friendship.

| >>514749 He probably saw trough your act and didn't want to take the bait. It sounds like you hurt him with your actions and he may feel like he can't trust you again. It was a very manipulative move on your part.

| >>514744
He obviously doesn't share the viewpoint that he's overreacting and that everything that happened was all just a small argument. Come on, if your best friend decided to block you out of the blue you probably wouldn't see it as a small insignificant thing and you would surely be hurt too.

| >>514749
Sound petty as fuck, tell him that it's petty as fuck, in fact I demand you to tell him that a stranger think that's petty as fuck.
Tho it really sound like you fucked up big time, until we don't have the whole story your out of luck here.
Also in case this escalates, lest all remember the story of Darth Anon e the mod

| >>514775 Thing is, I'm still thinking what I can do. From all of my friends I apologized to him the most, but he doesn't seem to care. I mean my friends couldn't comprehend the action that I took but at least they could sympathize the way I felt towards the group. Except for him. It's like he's taking advantage of this situation, at least that's how I'm feeling. If tides have turned I wouldn't think of unforgiveness. He's my best friend after all...

| >>514760 I really don't wanna think that way. Otherwise it would be 9 years of friendship thrown away

>>514775 if he'd block me. I'd ponder why he did. Surely there's a reason for that. But hearing from my other friends, they've all told themselves that I've found other people to hang out. After sending two (long..) apology messages to him and apologizing to the group in person. I'd still be mad at first. But I mean that happened last October and he's still taking it seriously.

| People change, their attitude Andrzej judging too, nothing surpising at all.

| *and judging

| You just showed him he can't rely on you, since you can disappear one day with no good reason and without saying a word. Maybe he needed you during that time? Even though, what's a friend you can't count on? Not a friend...

| >>514748 you blocked everyone just to see if they would give you attention? You deserve It.
Want attention? Buy a fucking dog.

| "oh i act like a stupid bitch and now i feel so sad cuz my friends don't like me anymore"

Oh guess what, maybe if you tried to talk with them about what youre feeling instead of acting like an attwhore they would still like you.

| >>514809 nine years is a long time, but people change in that amount of time, sometimes drastically. Maybe he wasn't feeling the same and this was a good excuse to get away. I think, since it happened so long ago (last October = 2017?), it's time to move on. You're holding onto it as much as he's keeping away. Clearly something is wrong, and if talking hasn't worked and he's not interested in coming back, then it's over. You have to accept that.

| >>514749 I'm not sure this is the answer you want but if my best friend just up and blocked me I'd reply with the same because clearly they didn't want to talk to me and are probably in a new friend group that dislikes me anyway.
Trying to repair abandoning your best friend is going to take work, and pestering them probably won't help, just keep in touch and try to be a good friend maybe get some help with your depression or whatever your going through and talk about it a bit

| >>515206 that could help verify that, and remove some of the possibility that you just left them for another group and it didn't work out or something, also come to terms with your friendship not going to be the same, you abandoned them for a month blocked them probably making your best friend feel betrayed abandoned or unwanted or that you are disloyal or unappreciative those feelings may or may not go away entirely but time will be the only way to tell

| >>514804 for this, what would the advantage be? You need to think of this from their perspective, "my best friend ghosted me, what's to stop them from throwing me away again when they don't need me" there's no advantage to be had about not trusting someone really, other than not being hurt again

| This was a wild ride, so here's my two cents;
I have two best friends, and we've been together since kindergarden. We get along, eat together, talk and play games at their place. We help each other financually, and that's that. Even when we get into arguments or I get pissy, we latwr just shrug it off and laugh about it later.

However, your friendship sounds flimsy; weak even. Unless you commited murder, I'd think your bff sucks.

| ^ I disagree, it's one thing to not talk for a month but you just start blocking them it's reasonable to infer in this case that it negatively affected their friend a great deal, or the way op is handling it is bothering them further

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1545126083

This thread is permanently archived