danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Russian Language

| So, since we have these Russian threads, how about a crash course on alphabet and pronunciation for those of us who don't even know how to read? Yes, I could learn it myself, but probably I won't, so anyone want to make explains?

| Use Google Translate or something, anyway why are you so interested?

| >>513584 did you read the part where I said yea, probably not going to do it myself... but I like to learn new things, and it could be interesting.

|
А a [a]
Б б [b]
В в [v]
Г г [g]
Д д [d]
Е е [ye]
Ё ё [yo]
Ж ж [zh]
З з [z]
И и [ee]
Й й [y]
К к [k]
Л л [l]
М м [m]
Н н [n]
О о [o]
П п [p]
Р р [r]
С с [s]
Т т [t]
У у [u]
Ф ф [ph]
Х х [h]
Ц ц [ts]
Ч ч [ch]
Ш ш [sh]
Щ щ [sch]
ъ the hard sign
ы ~ [i]
ь the soft sign
Э э [e]
Ю ю [yu]
Я я [ya]
But I recomend you to find audio for better understanding of the letter prononsiation

| What would knowing the letters give you OP? Not like you'll understand much.

| for Ы use more your throat than mouth and yea, go listen to audio for better understanding about whats going on

| Ебануться! Вы транскрипцию захуячили! Нахуя? Ладно, мне похуй.

>>>ПИЗДЕЦ НАХУЙ БЛЯДЬ!<<<

Как же я люблю учить иностранцев русскому мату)))

| >>513628
Русский язык очень красивый, если им уметь пользоваться. И кроме мата, там есть чему научится, анон. Ну серьезно. Будь более дружелюбным.

| Океюшки :3

| Tbh, you easily turn "ы" into "hurr".

| >>513604 I know what you mean about the sounds, don't worry. Like I said, is fun to know. A lot of the letters are the same, but almost none have the same sound... also there's a 6 :D. But overall the alphabet isn't very long, would be easy to learn with a little practice (learn to sound out words... not learn to speak Russian haha). Thank you for your effort. Does anyone here who isn't Russian speak it? It's not common to learn here in US.

| >>513650
>also there's a 6
You mean б ? :3
>Does anyone here who isn't Russian speak it?
Well, maybe there are someone, I guess. . .
I remember a guy from the Republic of South Africa, or so, he was a student and he was at the same Uni like me, and he practically didn't speak the Russian language, only French, but after 2 or 3 months he understood almost everything and even could speaking very fluently as a non native language speaker.

| >>513697 yes... 6, that's what I said :D

Probably helps he came from South Africa. They have something like eleven national languages (according to Die Antwoord). So to learn one more is *shrug.

| >>514150
Yeah, once I asked him about that, but he said that he only speaks French and English. So maybe you could learn Russian as well.

But I didn't really get the idea why do you want to learn Russian. Just because the Russian thread is popular? It doesn't make any sense to me, g/u/rl.

As a Federation Citizen I know that many people here truly hate the language, because they find it 'rough' or as they say 'a savage language'.

| But that happened because they don't know how to use it properly. Because they speak the language very fast, and it's turned out to be very crumpled, sometimes they even 'swallow the end of words' it means. . .
They say 'interesni (интересный) (interesting)' instead of 'interesnii~' so basically they throw away the letter Й.
The best way of prononsiation of Russian was used in Soviet TV news show, I recommend to watch it, they use the language beautifully.

So I hope you get it.

| >>514224 that is also interesting :) I don't necessarily want to learn it, but at least to be able to read the sounds. It's like Japanese (not Chinese, fuck that)... no way to even start to learn about it if you can't read the characters.

People say the same thing about English, especially gangster slang etc. The only language I know of that is actively maintained and adjusted for sound/pronunciation is French. Language has always been interesting to me, it's so important.

| >>514414
Well, as not naive English speaker, I can describe English language as a neutral language. I can't say it's beautiful, but as the same time it's very useful and cute (maybe?) (especially English accent, well I mean when an English speaking person speaks Russian, it's adorable really :3 )

And the same goes for Russian, BUT if you know how to use it, how to pronounce it, the Russian turns out to be very beautiful and elegant.

| >>514433 >>when an English speaking person speaks Russian, it's adorable really :3

What more reason do I need to learn Russian haha.
https://youtu.be/0TQPPGl-W8c

Also found this one... hilarious haha. Well I feel bad for her. Fake tits are awful.
https://youtu.be/sM1LOMZjFJ4

| >>514542
Well, I didn't expect you would like 'Leningrad', because the band itself and the people who like it have reputation of well how do I describe them, well let's say they have "bad taste in music' and the Sergei Shnurov the band leader is not the most nice guy, but somehow Leningrad is still popular.

But maybe I'm just a retard or something.

I enjoy some old singers and bands from 70s 80s and 90s, for example:

| Yuri Antonov, Pouschie Gitari(the Singing Guitars), Ariel', Alliance (especially, I love their song Na Zare), Kombinatsia, Mirage and so on.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, I'm just at my best friend's birthday party.

I know the tread isn't about music but still

| >>514575 haha, well not so much that I like the music, but the story and video is pretty funny (as are the subtitles lol). Never actually heard of Leningrad (band)... I'm more into Fallujah (band) myself.

Have fun at birthday party, don't drink too many Водка (ы фонд з Рушыан кэйбоард)

| >>514594
Thanks, comrade :3

But truly to say, I not vodka-loving person. I prefer cocktails. For instance,the Cuba Libre, Cherry Fuck and Old fashioned are my favourites drinks for a party. Oh well, and the White russian.

>(ы фонд з Рушыан кэйбоард)

Didn't get it, sorry. You mean you have installed Russian keyboard?

| >>514598 haha, yes, I was writing the English using Russian sounds.

I drank too many white Russians once and was very sick... now stick to whiskey sour or beer.

| Wow. As a russian it's unusual to me to see a nice foreign folk interested in my culture. I thought everyone hates us because of Putin and shit. Way to go op!

| This thread is filled with warmth and I didn't think that's possible in Danger/u/. Well done gurls.

I tried learning Russian a while back. I've forgotten all the words, but I can still read it. The alphabet is not that difficult

| >>514792 Welcome :) I won't lump you in with Putin if you don't lump me in with Trump haha.

>>514919 :D this is why we Can have nice things. Why did you try to learn Russian?

| >>514921
I was curious. Just, that's it. I've always been interested in learning languages, and having tasted romance, germanic, polynesian, and japanese, I figured I oughta take a taste of slavic too. Russian has the most learning resource, so Russian it was

Am >>d2a212 btw

| >>514935
>>514919
Well good luck, OP. I hope you'll enjoy the language. I was trying to learn Japanese but somehow I ended up with a idea that Japanese isn't great for me because of Japanese culture and stuff. But German is like 10/10 the words pronunciation, those extra letters like ü, ä, ö etc.

| >>514975 haha, I'm confused... Japanese culture isn't good for you? Japanese is fairly easy regarding grammar, but Kanji is wack. German was fairly good for me but I think relative to English. Maybe totally different for you.

>>514935 that's cool. I've done a bit of that myself. German, Japanese, Spanish. Nothing Polynesian or Slavic yet, and not really fluent in any of them haha. I would love to spend six months somewhere enough to actually get it.

| >>515153
Whelp, I'm not fluent either, just know enough to get a feel of the languages, you know. And I was being very loose when I say polynesian. Indonesian/Sundanese/Javanese are my family's tongues, but I don't think I'll recognise, say, Malagasy.

Arabic has been on deck for the longest time. I should get to that one day.

Am >>d2a212 btw

| >>514975
Japanese is an interesting language to learn even just looking at it linguistically. I have to, like, turn my thinking upside down when I use it.

| >>515241
Well, I was talking about the culture. And when I came with the idea to start learning about their history and culture first. And then I realized that meh I don't want such experience.

| >>515283
Well you don't really have to learn the culture first, if you're just interested linguistically. Though you'll definitely pick up a bit of the culture if you learn the language. I guess that's a problem??

| >>515283 sooo, are you saying you didn't want to learn Japanese because of anime? Because I'm pretty sure that's the reason. My Japanese teacher was Japanese, and she was disappointed when that was the reason most of us gave. I mean, not like I don't like the culture in general, but I only learned about it in the first place because of anime. What does Russia have that should motivate me to learn the language... oh yea...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0TQPPGl-W8c

Almost forgot XD

| Oh, and Everlasting Summer... that was good.

| >>515795
Well, not because of anime. Some of the cultural aspects are really fuck up. But it's just my opinion. So sorry for that.

| >>515241 yea, the grammar is deceptively easy, but there is so much inferred meaning.

| I'm Serbian. I recall learning Russian on my own via apps and like yeah it's easy to learn how the similarities, but honestly I quit cause the app was shit and I was just repeating the same words over and over again. It's like:

Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо
Спасибо Спасибо Спасибо

Duolingo is shit

| >>515922 Still I wanna join the Russian threads. So I feel like learning Russian, but like with a focus on it's internet vocabulary.

So I dunno how to do that. Do I just learn some basic Russian and then start reading the thread or what?

I feel like just reading the thread and learning by translating in google translate one word at a time puzzling out what was just said. Tho that's a shit idea...

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1545301569

This thread is permanently archived