danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
should i play guitar?

| someone just told me,
>a musical instrument is the ultimate rhythm game
and i just thought of a guitar
particularly an electric guitar

is this sudden burst of motivation not worth spending money (to buy a guitar) on?

is "it's cool" not enough of a reason to invest time and money for a possible new hobby?

| somebody once*

| TOLD ME THE WORLD IS GONNA ROLL ME

| but seriously, as a musician i can tell you melodic/chordal instruments(such as guitar, piano, even bass) won't even touch the rhythmic difficulty of cytus(which is considered easy apparently?).

heck i play piano & bass but can't really play rhythm games

if you like rhythm games, go play drums. the coordination is a challenge to pick up, and once you get into it there are many fun/difficult rhythms & stuff to learn! it's also fun to whack stuff!

| The answer is an obvious "duh".

Of course you should get a guitar if you want to learn how to play it.
I've been thinking the same thing and I decided to pick one in the after christmas sale.

| ^^^^
"it's cool" is a great reason to pick up anything, really

especially music, it's one of the more rewarding hobbies imo

(continuing from my prev post)
also, with guitar you'd be learning chord shapes & the fretboard & picking techniques for about a year or two before you even pick up rhythmic stuff

if you dont think drums will suit you, maybe pick up bass. bass often has much more rhythmic material to work with(syncopation, locking in with drummy stuff) compared to guitar.

| >>513306 youuuu motherfucker

| >>33c32f
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

| Hmm. Actually, as >>511501 said, drums are the closest thing to rhythm games if that's what you're going for.
But, to answer your question, yes. The guitar is an amazing instrument and I wish I had more time to play my classical. Aaand I also dream of an electric guitar but I can't justify getting one atm.

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1544717140

This thread is permanently archived