danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Fear and Loathing in Glitch City

| Me and a couple of friends cotemplated starting a tabletop round and playing around, trying some systems. One of the systems people are most interested in is Cyberpunk 2020, me as the GM... and I'm very tempted to use the system and set the whole thing in Glitch City, kinda merging the world of Va-11 Hall-A and Cyberpunk... to update the setting and allowing me to do whatever I want.
I just wanted to get some feedback, maybe some ideas

| Seems like a good system choice for this. Especially the combat. How are you gonna handle lilim PCs or are you just gonna restrict them to being NPCs considering Collective Source and all

| Cyberpunk is a fantastic game if you can get past some of the more dated design choices. Plus, I feel like it would do a good job emulating a lot of Glitch City with only minor changes. If you do use it, make sure to check out the Chromebooks as they offer tons of new gear and stuff to spend money on. Additionally, the GM guide "Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads" has tons of great tips and guides for running the system.

| >>410456
I thought a bit about it. Maybe give them twice the "Humanity" and not allowing them to go to therapy to recoup the lost humanity. Plus, give them other things they can loose humanity to. Like, Lilims can go rouge, that much is canon. They are self-aware and they are "basically human". Drastically replacing parts of themselfs could carry ill effects for their psyche as well.

| >>410456
Maybe make them roll for humanity loss whenever they have to go to maintenance or something.
I don't know

| >>410495
Yeah, running Cyberpunk 2020 without Chromebooks is like running Shadowrun without Streetmagic and Chrome Flesh so, I'm definetly gonna do that

| (bump)
What I wonder right now is, where should Glitch City be located.
Jill notes in one of the AE articles that her grandpa used to live there before it became Glitch City, so I wonder what GC was before it was founded formally as GC.
Any ideas?
I assume its an american city, thats what it sounds like to me at least. NSF doesn't seem to be too far 'cause I mean, Lexi Tomcat and Jess all came to visit and it didn't sound like a big deal so...

| Seattle maybe?
Given that massive earthquakes caused landmasses the world over (Or at least the pacific) to sink below the ocean makes it a prime target for a city to be destroyed and rebuild... plus the weather described in game would make sense, I guess

| It's rumored to be Zanzibar, I got no sauce besides someone claiming it somewhere or other and the 'B' and BTC apparently standing for 'British'. Jill's American as far as I can tell though she could have Brit-Zanzibari grandparents on one side. The English ties is also compounded by some character names and the Doggos you meet in prologue all being English Corgi breeds. Regardless or not of sauce, Zanzibar is a good candidate, though I don't think the seasons line up, like winter.

| -Though to be fair local weather could be fucked up by the Corps for a more traditional feeling. The city has supposedly existed for 55 years so that's not implausible.

| Zanzibar couuuuld be possible because here and there where some metal gear references, but I think it is more likely that it's seattle because that would be a shadowrun reference and metal gear was already referenced through something else which would imply "Outter heaven" exists in the game canon under a different name, meaning THAT is probably zanzibar.
It could also take place at the east cost, specifically new england. Boston, or something

| True, just confirmed my earlier suspicion. BTC is confirmed to stand for "British Trademark Council" Which is a real thing, which would be odd to hold interest in an American city, but to be fair it's owned by corps, not the government. Seattle is a possibility though it doesn't have incredibly tech ties to 'glitch'. But I forgot one thing. We're given a picture of the moon, and judging by how it travels, and the angle we get, it could very well be East coast, sadly we don't get a-

| -Good angle with the landscape to confirm if we're more east or west. It'd be pretty easy to do NY as there's an escape from NY reference. Seattle is an alright candidate, but that brings up the weather again, it rains and sleets in the winter, not snows. Boston could be possible but eh. Zanzibar just brings home the point of the British involvement. This thread's not a location one though, so I'll quit on this tangent. If the game's hosted online BTW @OP. I'd be interested.

| BUT. A-HA! The moon, judging by how a crescent forms is being viewed from the southern hemisphere! Therefore I conclude, Zanzibar. Since the devs, though in the south, probably weren't committed enough to moon-gaze for this, and did it as maybe a hint the the setting? Sauce:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/South-Lunar_libration_with_phase_Oct_2007_450px.gif

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/159152387695028560/18C7CFA648AF983C305C4319A6EDE4BD6A42EECD/

| >>411408
Its not really a "Location" Thread, but the location is important to run the game.
Also, yeah, its online but a) Held in german since thats what everyone in the group understands, b) already full and c) supposed to be a 'friends' group.
Sorry to disappoint you.
NY would be a good fit I guess, but I'm not sure. I think an article mentioned New York in it? I don't know anymore

| >>411409
I'm pretty sure the moon is actually blown up.. hense moonblast... so... Uhm, I have no idea.
I did also not know how much science is behind "How the moon looks". Wow

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1537917300

This thread is permanently archived