danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Wow this board is starting to succ

| /thread

| Like every day new drama

Random threads are being closed by mods with God complex, and seemingly random ppl are being banned for the same reason

Like fucc that g/u/rl which said smthng about poor ppl, I agree.
But we can tell her that inside the threads instead of banning ppl for their retarted opinions.

This board was so comfy, and nobody ever got banned nor any thread closed. Even if ppl were assholes- which they weren't for the most part.

|
But trust me mods, act like this and people will start to succ like on any other board.

| I went away for like three weeks and came back today to *this*.

WTF happened?

| >>401833
someone started posting CP, Anon-E came back, and mods started purging bystanders and closing random threads

| How did you get to that lvl of bait?

| I still smell samefaggotry in this thread, stop fucking trying to bring negativity here.
Mods are purging your shitty drama threads. You can't /thread your own thread.

>captcha says basic boobs lob

| >>401874 Is this a bot?

| >>401874 >>401877
I'm no bot nor the g/u/rl who got banned, I just see the drama and give me opinion

But hey ya might be mods trying some damage control
But I don't care tbh, even if you are.

| >>401884 If you don't care then why do you keep talking about it? That does not compute.

I'm pretty sure people are getting banned because they bring absolutely nothing to the discussion and just post inane shit like "ur retarded" and "no im not u are".

| If you think this board is getting worse you must accept changes to make it good or keep it so.

Either we loosen up on the moderation and let all the flamers snowball their shitposting until this turns into 4chan or we get rid of them and foster the kind of content that make this board great.

| >>401899
I said that don't care if you are a mod. I care if assholes are getting banned for their shit threads. And I care about everyone being accused of being the banned g/u/rl just because they voice their discontent.
I understand that this website isn't public property and you can do whatever you want.
But I'm still voicing my opinion.
If it be some prominent fascist spokesperson who got banned, I'd didn't care.
But why ban some little a/u/tistic cunt?

|
>>401901
Or you do it as we have always done it. Ban ban-worthy offences and let the community bullie retards who think it's funny being an asshole.

|
Or how the fuck do you think we kept up the everyone is a g/u/rl, everything is comfy, send dick pics and be nice charade.
We did it through being a supreme community and without the overreaching of mods.
But I believe as soon as you ban a/u/tistic people the community will become shit. Because ppl will be afraid to say what they want while they start hating the mods. Basically what happened to every other prominent board.

| >"I care if assholes are getting banned for their shit threads."
Let's not forget that a majority of the recent threads closed by mods are by that shitty spammer who was intentionally making shitty threads to lower the quality of /u/. Fuck that spammer, he deserves to have his threads deleted.

| >>401905
Why do you wanna do that?
This board has changed so doing the same thing as before and expecting the same results wont work. Contributing and posting worthwhile posts is how you keep the quality up. Giving attention to flamebait and butthurt rants isn't. There are hundreds of boards for the latter but dangeru is somewhat unique.

| >>401914
Sure but that are not the only threads which were being closed.
Even one of my Joke Anon-E threads got closed.
But I don't care that much, it's shitty but as long as it is just the aftermath of the spammer it's ok.
It just shouldn't be the new standard.

But closing threads and banning are really two completely different things. Thread closing is annoying, banning I believe is too much for people with a/u/tistic opinions tho

| >>401917
This board has survived so many newg/u/rls who integrated with out any problems.
And there are always times when many newg/u/rls are finding this place. But it always came back to the old vibe after they understood our etiquette.

And of course the board is different right now after that much spam.
But that's no reason to start banning random people.
Just let the community sort out everything on there own.
And let shit threads by shit people die while good threads survive.

| >>401922 this wont happen though. People respond to those shit threads and you even said it yourself that it sent ripples trough the community by having people turn on eachother. People wont assimilate if most of the posts are flamebait or general toxicity. New people are just gonna come here, see this and assume "this is dangeru" and then we get more shitty people. This is the same thing that happened to early 4chan and basically every popular board.

tl;dr doing nothing wont work

| >>401925
I said that spam fucked us up right now.
But it doesn't help starting banning random people and declearing a state of emergency.
Because newg/u/rls will believe that that's normal dangeru.

Instead we should do what has always happend. Let the community sort it out, and let people learn the right etiquette through quality threads.

I get where you coming from, but I believe it's the false approach. Explained through my previous posts.

| >Let the community sort it out
Right, so start doing. I think you've made your point abundantly clear. Start making comfy threads, reply to positive threads, etc. etc. The longer ya debate about it the more you are also adding to the problem.
You've said what you needed to say so wait and see how it goes

| Either we turn this place into reddit or we turn it into 4chan. I'm going for the latter. Anyone else who says otherwise are either newgurls or forgot where the existence of this board came from. This is not your shitty safe space. This is Dangeru.

| >>401931
So why you responding like 10 times when the point is so abundantly clear? Lmao

Nice attitude showing again.
But hey, what is to expect by a/u/tistic mods who ban a/u/tistic ppl.

The point is

>Don't ban a/u/tistic ppl for shit threads, let the community sort it out

Where part 1. Is Criticising your behaviour.
And part 2. Is trying to do what I always do, being active.

| >>401936
That's literally my second response. You mistaking my ID for a different person, g/u/rl?

| >>401935
i think we can be our own thing

| >>401947 How? Either we let things roam free or we let mods start banhammering. There's no in between.

| >>401935

Yes, this is Danger/u/: A website made as a meme based on a parody of a website in a niche video game that itself was a parody of 4chan, or textboards in general. But in the past two years, the majority of the users are no longer fans of the game, and only discover the game after the fact, instead thinking that this is some kind of edgy 4chan rip off.

| Two years ago, this board was full of people who were connected only because of that fact, not because they left every other "mainstream" website in search of a new one with low or next to no moderation, a system that only worked because the community was smol to begin with. But when the google play app, everything changed, even before the drama with Anon E, and before the CP spammers. The FBI spam and others showed that some moderation was needed.

| >>401966
i thing d/u/ is the inbetween

| >>401870 I'm not AnonE, i am Anon-E

| Because while everyone complained about "muh anonymity," they left anyway because things like public pressure don't work on faggots that just like to destroy things just because they can. Two years ago, the definition of "comfy" would have been "having threads without some shithead screaming like an autist." Now you have people here who think it was *always* like that.

| >>401966

And this is part of the problem- Prefetcher never wanted another 4chan but he also never wanted another Reddit. Both communities are cancer and for the longest time the website was ignored and avoided and left without active modship because after Mystery left, no one wanted to deal with it. Instead for the longest time, much of the original community moved to Discord- so long in fact that you have people here who think that Danger/u/ was always supposed to be anarchic.

| >>be3b6c isn't it a she?

| Well, its not. It took a lot of drama, a lot of faggotry, a lot of infighting, and like one guy with a grudge who didn't like his shitty ads for pharmaceutical medications and sketchy links being banned from /a/, leading to a one man crusade against the website, to galvanize Pref, Lain, and the new mods into giving a shit about the website like they should have in the past year. Rules got updated for every board. Rules actuslly started getting enforced. Now we're here.

| >>be3b6c so it is a she?

I'm Anon-E btw not AnonE

| Also, let's get something straight- lots of people say "go back to 4chan" but in reality 4chan, even before Moot sold out, had always been moderated in some form and had people bitch about the staff deleting some of the same cancer, just like here. Anyone who thinks it was a "secret club" where they could do whatever they like with no repercussions were, ironically, the real newfags pretending to be oldfags. But I digress.

| >>401992 damn dude, why are you so angry?

| Prefetcher said he doesn't want this website to be either the worst of SJW hell that is reddit, or the cancer that is 4chan, so we mods are going to try and do just that. /news/ was always cancer but people are going to at least stay on topic to the thread now. /tech/ is going to discuss /tech/ without being just another /g/. And regardless how you felt about the g/u/rl bitching about not wanting to tip people despite not being forced to do anything with their money,

| The fact is they've been here for awhile posting shitty opinions in spite of the "community" ostrascizing them, because they don't give a shit. Getting punched in the face was a long time coming, if all the rage threads they made after the fact wasn't any indication.

By the way Anon-E, everyone you've been replying to for the past six hours were regular users, not mods.

And capcha is still not being removed anytime soon.

| And the reason why its not is because said spammer has a literal grudge and attempts to ignore them or make them "get bored" have failed.

| Anyway, that's how its going to be. I'm sorry that you were banned so many times for the Anon-E meme, but if you start trying to mass spam /u/ again with threads complaining about capcha, its going to happen again.

Every board is being patrolled for cancer actively now and threads are just going to get locked with some bans given if the mod thinks it deserves it. Pref is aware of this.

| >>401998 Oh you're a mod... nice.

I've been asleep for like 7 hours so don't know what happened but when i did responded my replied to people with colors and others who were saying that they banned me and i was really banned.
Why won't prefetcher talk to me?

| If you don't agree with this change then that sucks, but there's a vision of what the board could or should be, and we're going to try and reach that until Pref decides to quit, which won't be anytime soon.

Because you know what, its pretty fucking depressing when the dev/owner of the website doesn't want to visit because its so toxic in an unfunny way.

If that isn't an example of how self policing has failed, then I don't know what is.

| >>402001

dude no one is just going to talk to you just because you post thread titles asking for them to talk to you.

| >>401998 I'm sorry for the spam, as i've saying for the whole time, i don't hate this site(it's actually the only one that i open every 10 minutes) i just hate the captcha.
So i'll be going out for a bit but if i respond with another ip don't ban it, it's a bit annoying.

| Just stop annoying the shit out of people and its all kosher.

| >>402003 so what do i need to do? Because i think she noticed me.

| >>402007

Just post normally and things will be cool from this post onward.

That said, the real Anon E really was a terrible person, unironically IRL.

| >>401998
OP here, I'm not Anon-E btw, just a random g/u/rl

| >>402005 You gotta admit that people here are worse than those on reddit.
I'll cry to control myself. More mods need to be talkative like you. Even if you ban me this was a good and civilized conversation and not like what i had with other mods 8(?) hours ago.

They were just like, Be Gone Thot.
And immediately banned.
And what is this captcha?
yea nuke gaea

| >>402000
Also I wasn't banned

| >>402008 yeah stormy explained me who was AnonE

| >>402012 and who the fuck are you?

| >>402002
I'd say you declared a state of emergency through the spammer.
And then you closed random threads which in turn made some people angry.
Also you banned random ppl for their shitty behaviour which made ppl angry.
And now the board is still toxic because we still haven't come back to normal board life.

| >>402016 again, who are you? AnonE?

| >>402014
I'm OP who made this thread

A random g/u/rl who stated her opinion while being accused of being the banned g/u/rl
But i'm not xD

| >>402017
Why dafuq should I be AnonE
Have u even read this thread and what I've written?

plz sthap

| >>402019 oh yeah... don't have scripts on. Me bad.

Anon-E btw, nice to meet you.

| >>402016

The threads weren't random, they were either Anon-E spam, the tipping thread, or a bunch of threads that the banned g/u/rl posted in retaliation because they were pissed.

Another g/u/rl who got banned turned out to be one of the CP spammers who only got banned from /cyb/ and /news/ by their respective mods, but not /all/, so they were axed too.

I could have been nicer about it, that's true. But its wrong to say that "everyone is pissed off."

Its more like,

| >>402027 are you a mod?

| Two people made a series of rage threads from vpn's,

Some approved of the bans/locks and thought it was a long time coming,

Some didn't agree with the thread locking but didn't bat an eye at the bans,

And some just didn't want any moderation period.

I apologize for not being a little nicer about it, but that's how it was before, and how it will be until Pref says otherwise.

As for people banned for just commenting on the situation, those were mistakes, sorry.

##Admin:prefetcher##

| remember when people on /u/ actually came here from va-11 hall-a

i do
and i fucking miss these times.

| >>402033 oh you are. Tell me why some id(s) are just numbers without any letter in them

| >>402034 oh. Here you are. How's going?

I'm Anon-E.

| >>402035

Oh... tbh thats a better question for Lain or Pref. I think they explained it before.

| >>402036
here's your (You), faggot

>>402038
because the ids are basically cut hexadecimal numbers, and they consist of anything from 0-9 to A-F

| >>402042 why so rude?

I did everything for you.

| the deal with danger/u/ is that it's a slowly but surely degrading shithole, enforced by low quality bait threads and newfags thinking that they've found 4chan 2.0, which this website isn't.

no one from /u/ remembers the actual fucking origins anymore, as most of the people basically escaped to either a) the discord, b) altogether, to not have to deal with the evergrowing disappointment which is the actual website.

i am one of them. i rarely ever visit danger/u/ anymore, since the quality of the threads is just abysmal at this point. we're reaching the level of cuckchan and cripplechan combined.

it's pretty sad trying to distance yourself from your own creation, innit?

also, the moderation in here is way more laidback than in cuckchan. don't act as if the free-doers there are letting everything pass. it takes one fucking hot pocket for them to start deleting threads. and don't tell me that it never happened, because it did. cue in /g/, for example.

tl;dr i am massively disappointed in the direction the website has taken and the community that's shaping up.
not something that it was supposed to be

| >>402046 so after 2 weeks you finally decided to show up and won't even talk to me?

That a little disappointing.

| >>402050
>Acts like a faggot for two weeks
>Expects to be actually talked to
Sasuga

| >>402051 oh. You think I'll stop if retards like you keep to insulting me? No. I won't.

I won't until she talks with me.

| I feel like it's just these past couple of weeks that danger/u/'s been pretty shit though. Before then, the quality was more or less fine and the people were great. It's just been a hectic time for /u/.

| >>402054
Don't fucking (you) at me
>>402055
Innocence personified

| >>402055 yeah I came out when the captcha was implemented

| >>402054
What do you need to talk with Pref for anyway? >>94ed6c already apologized and was very respectful about it. What more do you want? You sound super self-entitled.

| >>402057 what you gonna do?

| >>402058
Maybe you'd like to end on an FBI watch list for CP instead
I find solace in the fact that this shit isnt Recaptcha

| >>402059 and I promised that I will stop with spam. I just want to talk to her

| >>402060
I'm gonna call you a retard, and go cry on some random board to get attention because i'm being treated unfairly!!!!!
Sound familiar?

| >>402061 lol. As I said any times before, I didn't post any cp. Call who ever the fuck you want.

| >>402064
Not talking to you, just saying captcha is a good measure to implement against a certain russian faggot

| >>402063 actually no. I doesn't. What do you mean by that statement?

| >>402065 then why are you mentioning my post number?

| >>402055
OP here, that's 100% what I'm saying all the time in this thread
>>401922 >>401927

| >>402068
I was literally just saying that Captcha was good to stop CP and stop us all from ending on watchlists.
Reminder that not only the poster can get on those lol

| >>402070 oh... ok

| >>402062 contacting pref isn't that hard, though I'm sure they'd rather you didn't.

| Prefetcher I'll be waiting for you response.

I'm going to eat now. We ya latter. If this thread gets closed I'll star a new one for a civilized conversation so don't ban me for that. I already said that I will stop with the spam.

Bye dear.

| >>402072 I know here Twitter and shit but i won't contact her if don't want me to but I'll still be waiting for her response.

Anything should be fine but just talk to me.

| >>402073
Please just accept the fact that no one wants to talk with you, and that you should probably take a clue and get a fucking life.

I don't blame Pref for not talking with you, you sound like a total fucking jackass.

| >>402075 pretty funny.

| >>402074
I bet that it is >>>exclusively >>>because you keep saying you want to talk to her that Pref will>>>never talk to you, and it will be funny as fuck.

Anyway, I support what the mod said here. This isn't 4chan, and this isn't Reddit, even if the version of danger/u/ in the game was a parody of 4chan. This is danger/u/, and anybody who wants danger/u/ to become an irl clone of any other website clearly is just missing >>>all of the points this mod and Pref have made.

| >>402075 ffs stop it you nigger. He's also being pretty cordial now. Lay off the hostility.

I just want to say thank you to Pref and whichever mod you are or elaborating the situation. I'm one of the people pissed off by the spammer aftermath. While I still feel there are mistakes to point out, seeing you guys acknowledge and decide to address the issue to the denizens of Dangeru makes me satisfied. That's the main reason why there was such a backlash,

| is because everything feels like it came out of nowhere. Say what you will of how this board hasn't changed ideals, this kind of action has never been seen before. I've calmed down now, and will now proceed to stop complaining watch how you guys will shape this site. Also, I'm fine if the captcha is here to stay a while. I'm already used to it.

| >>402117 awww thanks dude, it's always nice to see some good replays instead of what the guy is saying. People like then just can't understand that they are the reason of what I do.

| I really probably should check the /eye/ more for staff updates, but kept forgetting.

| vote AfD

| umm I don't want to sound rude but that new Anon-E guy is prolly autistic, just look at his replies and threads. I think we should act s little bit more calm. World is t ending.

| >>402377 *is not ending

| >>402377 what did I say to sound autistic?

| So, just for my quick 2 cents here, I was around when dangeru was down, then I found out why, and then I left for a bit after that, today I noticed the captcha, but just knowing about the cp Russian spam dude I immediately put 2 and 2 together and I dont mind it at all, especially when as far as I can tell, work has been put in so that its actually easy to do and read and interpret

| , now reading the mods responses, I think it's all pretty justified and speaks for itself, hopefully things start settling again soon (and I can hop into this discord I didnt know about ;) )

| man, sometimes i just get sad because i entered here expecting some va11halla shit or something and what i get is something practically equal to other websites

>fuck

| >>402627 there were never discussions about the game on this board

| >>402646 true, but there were memes.

#bringbackzane

| >>402646 The only kind of va-11 hall-a related discussion we have here in /u/ is arguing whoever is the best waifu

| >>401935
>danger/u/ becoming either reddit or 4chins

I mean both are shitty for different reasons.
>4chan
is a cesspool for idiots to try and out-troll eachother while simultaneously becoming armchair "geniuses" and
>reddit
is a native-advertisement-filled echo chamber factory with company and political astroturfing left and right, and admins who only care about keeping the site relevant instead of actual quality moderation.

| >>402800 4chan is a lost case and reddit is going same way, i mean if /u/ fuck up too, i honestly give up of finding a nice place in the internet

>implying Dana is the best grill

| >>403142

>Dana best grill?

I think your sorefully mistaken, you see...

DONOVAN
D.
DAWSON

IS THE ONLY ONE TRUE WAIFU IN GLITCH CITY. IF U WANT TO FIGHT ME ON THE SIDE OF A FIGHTING STREET THEN COME ON!

| >>403277
My fighting spirit has vanished before these few words of wisdom.

| >>403277 The best waifu is obviously Rad Shiba, you fool!

| >>403456
Yo dawg, that's some fuked up shiet

| >>403456
"Why do you called him Rad Shiba"
"Look at this motherfucker, he's the raddest thing in here"

| >>402800 + fucking 1

| joel skype

Total number of posts: 115, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1536701569

This thread is permanently archived