danger/u/
Would it be a cop out for me to have guns in a fantasy setting?

| obvs not like automatic rifles and shit but slower paced guns like revolvers and rifles with the little handle thingy you have to pull back, what do you g/u/rls think?

| >real things existing in a fantasy setting
>bad
are you retarded? are bricks illegal in your setting too? are cows kosher?

| >>1030035 lol, lmao even. Calm ur tits g/u/rl I'm just asking how other people feel about this

| >>1030037 are you even a real writer if you're not using a conlang completely lingusitically divorced from anything ever seen on earth to write a post about your story? fuck outta here bozo

| Musket and stuff would be cool, sengoku rance have em

| Hey OP did you ever play Arcanum? It's an old rpg about how technology like black powder weapons and steam/jet engines etc are slowly replacing the old ways of magic.

| >>1030067 I haven't but I've heard of it and watched some reviews about it so I have a small idea of it in my head I guess, I think it doesn't really cop out tho since that game is set during an industrial revolution iirc so it makes more sense for guns to be in that kind of setting

| Well I don't think it's a cop out to have guns in a fantasy setting even if they're mundane and not magical in nature. You see black powder cannons in fantasy all the time and it's basically the same thing.

| Not really. You could even make a plot point about technology vs. magic if you so desire.

| Fantasy can be anything you want it to be g/u/rl, as long as you can tell the story convincingly. Make your soldiers fight dragons with automatic rifles if you want. The fun is in figuring out how that can work.

| If its not a fantasy to have guns in a cop setting then it shouldn't be a cop out to have guns in a fantasy setting. Checkmate ateist.

| I honestly prefer fantasy settings with guns ngl. There's something about it. Like, gun wielding spellcasters are cool af, and also, I mean, just look at this
https://youtu.be/4cZqRzHnI8s

| What’s YOUR fantasy girl? : D

| >>1030033 Do the guns in Warhammer Fantasy make it any less awesome??? nope
fireloques of ferlangen gang represent!

| It is lame op

| can't be original if you expand too much

| I will say every time a fantasy world has any sort of gun it's always disappointing. You can do anything but naw guns

| >>1030270 you

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1728931064

This thread is closed.