danger/u/
telling a lawyer I'm killing myself

| Hi g/u/rls! A year ago I torrented a movie and forgot to turn on my vpn. Two weeks later I got a letter from a law firm demanding a relatively large amount of money. I lawyered up and that was it. Now, a year later, I got a letter stating that they want to bring this to court. And since I'm guilty, that's obviously something I wanted to avoid. Luckily I was able to settle for half of the amount, but I'm still pissed that that's how they make their money.

| Now I'm thinking about using a throw-away email to tell the lawyer, and perhaps other people associated with that company, that I'm, among other gruesome and sad things, killing myself because of them. Obviously I'd phrase everything as vague as possible, I know they have at least a hundred clients at all times so I wouldn't be worried about getting caught. Now the question is, is that a good idea? I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

| Lol

| they're lawyers. they'd pass it around the office and make fun of it

| are you sure you have your priorities right?

| They might still narrow it down to you because of other data, the others you send it to, or your writing style. Please just seed something to get back at them instead : )

Gurls why do you think suicide is such an own? Suicide is not this cool thing. You just die or damage yourself and people forget you.

| LMAO

| why not to send them a bomb instead?

| Why would they care? Did the lawyers do something wrong or hurt you in any way? As far as I know you got caught commiting a crime and fought the law and the law won. How is that the lawyers fault? Are you 12?

| The Big Boss at the lawyer store:
>We just receieved this anonymous letter from a kid who threatens to own us by taking his own life. Since we never recieve threatening letters from convicted criminals, like never ever, this was such an eye-opener for me and we're gonna implement some real changes in our company structure from now on no matter the costs! Pinky promise~

| I get it must be tough for you OP because the big media cartel can be very unethical and predatory when it comes to profits but taking your own life won't hurt anyone except yourself and your family, so uh try for a more solution-oriented response instead?

| This but with Anthrax

| >>1029144 This
They probably know full well that ruining someone's life over a movie is stupid. They're doing this to make an example out of people. KYS is just going to help them in doing that.

| >>1029145 lmao rite

| >>1029108 I think you got scammed. There's no way a media company is coming after you for downloading... unless you are selling access to your media library. You SHOULD have ignored the first letter.

| And then when you go into court you can say "I don't know how it got downloaded, lots of people have my wifi password"

| Go for it, while your at it op, gimme some sloppy toppy

| >>1029275
This is impertinent to say thank you

| Goddamn i thought that the class of 09 intro about nicole getting evicted because her big bro pirated breakcore was unrealistic but holy shit it isnt

| What were you pirating, if it was avatar them it was worth it

| Firebomb their houses

| honestly there's not much you can do here :/ be pissed but for the future, use private trackers and your VPN :3

| have you tried to become a lawyer yourself?

| >>1029414
Ooooh cool! I’ll use you as my representation in the future if you do!

| >>1029416 Sure, I'll hire a cow to drive the car at the dinner then

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1728138672

This thread is closed.