danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What do you g/u/rls do when you're really lonely

| I've always had a hard time feeling like I'm welcome in the company of people who say they like me and want to be friends. I've met great people over the course of my life, but always felt distant from them. Even when I feel like I'm getting closer to feeling comfortable with them, I can't shake the feeling that I'll still be alone.
This feeling of loneliness just gets worse overtime, and as much as I fight it (planning hangouts, playing games together, etc.), it's still there

| Real. And I always end up trying to be better than them or separate myself from them or play a ‘cool’ character sigh…
I found another site I really like where idk I felt safe and it’s been ok and I think I have friends but I’m not sure and I’d be scared for them to know my full self. Uhhh last time I was really lonely I went for a bike ride in the rain and it felt so so good. I thought it was interesting. I think a lot of the time it’s more boredom/sadness which friends WOULD fix.

| But that often there’s way of relaxing away from others and being ok

| Honestly you should try therapy if youre able to access that. I know thats a basic answer but when youre struggling to work through mental health issues on your own having someone there to guide you through it can be a lifesaver.

| I read manga and LNs. I "escape" from the crushing emptiness I feel by filling the void with cardboard tapestries of a distant world in lieu of "social interaction", "personal fulfillment", or a "consistent and meaningful purpose in life". All are alien concepts to me at this point. I have skincare, 'trendy' clothing, and an expressive face. I can fabricate the outer shell of what a human should be, and how a human should act, but it is surface-level, papier-mâché.

| The happiest parts of my life are the parts where I pretend to be in someone else's life, a pre-constructed life made for my satisfaction and pleasure.

| cut

| I love sex.

| >>1028196 +1

| The game! (playing). Oh, no, not like that.. I have.. paws. No, I meant ..linux*
*non-mainstream configuration one.

So, when lonely I configuring the system or just watch something.

| Thanks for the answers, g/u/rls <3
I think therapy would be pretty nice, but I don't have access to it at this time. Once I'm able to tho, I'll try to go.
I feel it's a mix of loneliness and stress. I've been alone most of my life, but this year I made some friends I felt I could really connect with. Right now, I'm going through an extremely stressful time, but they've been too busy to talk lately and I don't want to be alone right now. I don't blame them, but it still hurts.

| >>1028257 cut

| >>1028257
Sending hugs- I think that’s really great that you did that. I wanna cuddle with you but you deserve not to feel uncomfortable and to be with people you’re attracted to.
Therapy went ok for me but idk I probably did a bad job or had a bad one. I’ve been trying to enjoy more quiet time lately too when I feel bad and overwhelmed.
Thanks for trying so much.

| >>1028171 you lack love. but not from people around you, you lack it from yourself in the first place. I don't think I can influence you (since I'm just an anon gurl), but I'd like to ask you to think about it. try to get alone with your thoughts, no phone, preferably in the woods, and think about it.

| maybe I'm not saying it right, but I'm sure your brain and your heart know you better. if you feel something's wrong, it is. you just have to figure out what it is.

| I hope that works! I think I tried it way back and it failed, and right now I’m alone and love describes why I feel good. So my suggestion would be to try being with friends doing something that feels physically good like hugging or jumping or running around the park or just talking at least on video, but also to be alone and relaxed too. I hope you’ll give this thread an update. I think most of us have been there.

| YouTube. Manga. Vr. Schizophrenia.

| i listen to tunez..goon..consoom. the uuush but its very clear its very real op. especially with online friends i never seem to have luck with having them stay.

| If you start reading books again you will feel at least a little bit better. I promise.

| >>1028378
Do they leave you or do you drift from them?

| >>1028616
pretty friggin sure they leave me. im the certified yapper honestly thats probably why they leave or they get tired of me

| If I start feeling lonely, it's simple for me, I shrimply go to 4chan/reddit/dangeru/discord and start interacting a bit with the locals
That does it for me

Also... Is this the part where I mention VRCHAT?

Because vrchat does wonders and is like interacting on the internet, but on steroids mixed caffeine and autistic juice

| If I start feeling lonely, it's simple for me, I shrimply go to 4chan/reddit/dangeru/discord
>How did you become lonely in the first place
Because I spent to much time on 4chan/reddit/dangeru/discord.........

| I know when it comes to loneliness and stuff I usually try to connect and meet new people, I struggle making irl friends bc of my location but it's easier online.
Recently I've found some people I can feel truly honest about which helps alot with the loneliness and such plus it helps with any sort of self improvement you may be attempting.
It's a shot in the dark trying to find people you may have a connection with but it's worth it in the long run I feel like.

| >>1028838 shut up g/u/rl!
I'm literally bocchi/lain/tomoko, okay?

| >>1028884
Yes!!!!!

| >>1028884
I NEEEEED ITTTTT

| >>1028884
I NEEEEED ITTTTT

| make someth

| >>1028884
You seem more like ika musume to me, shrimply.

| >>1028186 yeah relatable, since I'd often use video essays,lets plays and streamers to supplement conversations, for my lack of ability to connect with people irl.
After a certain point I get self conscious of how para social I'm being and it ends up making me feel more lonely than if I didn't use the internet at all.
"me and this person could have a great conversation about X thing if I actually knew who they were"

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1727557420

This thread is permanently archived