danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
oogh. exhausted

| hiiii, Job-chan here

life has been going rly well lately! i put a deposit down on a new apartment, & reconnected with an old friend. today kicked my ass though. 2 coworkers are sick as dogs, & a third is in the next city. i got tapped for extra shifts, & tonight in particular was quite rough as we had live music, plus a LOT of patrons wanted our signature cocktails so i was chained to the bar most of the night.

but !! the tips n pay will be fantastico.

how are youse my loves ^~^

| Are you a bartender?

| >>1020414
yep !

| hiiiii you're so cool job-chan ^##^

I did some speed-typing practice and went outside to focus and read a book. I felt better. I bet your old friend appreciated seeing you : )

have you ever changed lives while mixing drinks?

| I'm doing well. On summer break from classes and mostly spending it catching up on my game backlog and striving to get some personal projects done. Glad things are going well for you too lately!

| >>1020422
nice !! ive been reading more lately myself, mostly Isabel Allende. and being outside can help a lot, from sunlight to fresh air to just...having space to wander instead of pace, yknow?

i dunno if ive changed any lives, but hopefully if so, not in any drastic ways haha. the most i hope for is a chuckle and a smile. (well. and a nice tip haha)

| >>1020422
nice !! ive been reading more lately myself, mostly Isabel Allende. and being outside can help a lot, from sunlight to fresh air to just...having space to wander instead of pace, yknow?

i dunno if ive changed any lives, but hopefully if so, not in any drastic ways haha. the most i hope for is a chuckle and a smile. (well. and a nice tip haha)

| >>1020423
good to hear ! its good to just get going on stuff. thats how you build motivation. get the wheels turning and before you know it youve got some momentum :)

| >>1020410
Nice to see you're doing well bartender g/u/rl.

| >>1020442
ty !! ^-^

ahhhh exhausted, another close done though, and i made sure the place was clean as a whistle

| >>1020430
What do you like about alande? Is it pleasant, or does it feel true? I liked Steinbeck, but I haven’t read much fiction lately, it can be such a nice journey and release, and you can even learn something about people.
I hope you get good rest, you’re always so nice to talk to. If you don’t want to talk, please just enjoy your time instead of relying, and I’ll be happy.

| Congratulations Job-chan!
Stay healthy, mix drinks and change lives~!

| >>1020410 job chan very cute

| >>1020673 ur very cute tho

| >>1020558
Allende just has a very engaging narrative voice, and draws up these very detailed, multifaceted people and strong women. I just finished 'Violeta' and I adore that book. I also rly like Sigrid Nunez. I'm trying to get into Gabriel Garcia Marquez but while I find his prose very flowery and poetic in a good way, it tends to feel meandering at times.

and thanks !! i find just trying to buoy up spirits helps me deal with a lot of my own stress and self-loathing to be honest

| hi job-chan im poppy-chan. glad ur work is going well and hope you get some rest days when the other workers are back. I've gotten into circuit board making/logic gates and even made my own assembly language. I failed one of my college classes but passed the rest. College is kinda bogging me down, it's so slow.. i dont feel like im getting anything out of it. Been thinkin maybe i should quit. Other than that been kinda good for once. wuv you *muwah*

| >>1020744
thats super cool !! i hugely respect people that work on inscrutable stuff that makes modern magic happen--i look at a circuit board or lines of code & marvel at how it computes all kinds of light & info into imagery & motion. the most creative i get besides making new cocktails is reading & writing (& the occasional amateurish sketch).

college can often feel kind of interminable...take stock & decide whether your current path is meaningful to you. luv u too poppy-chan!!

| oof. tonight was ROUGH. extremely slow (i had like 9 patrons all shift) and one was a gross guy who was trying to snake up on my friend. he suddenly got sick and yakked and part of it landed on her. super gross. i sent him home and had to blitz a clean. other winners were the people doing back to back mezcal shots and a guy who brought a huge pitbull in to suck down an old fashioned. i got a lot of prep done however and made sure everything was clean and fairly stocked.

sleep soon

| >>1020768
lmao

as bad as it sounds this post makes me miss not working from home and yes, you read that correctly. the monotomy of working and playing—at least i don't fap here anymore though— in front of the same pc in the same room all day kinda makes me miss those kind of genuine interactions you get from a normal job.

| >>1020410 so happy for you gurl !!!!
buy your self something nice with all the moneys!! <3<3<3
I am feeling suicidal and borderline mentally unstable today thx for askign bbgurl xoxox

| And take a good sleeps

| Why are you job chan and not bartender chan

We are all something of job chans ourselves, you know

| >>1021085
thank you! i didn't want to say anything but am I not allowed to make job threads anymore because we can only have one job-chan? she tuk our jebs!!

| >>1021085 >>1021099
i was managing a cafe before i went back to bartending. Job-chan rolls off the tongue though.

what do youse do?

| SHI TUK URR JERBS!!

I'm a pentester working from home and it's kinda mid tbh.

| I’m a neet job chan is my hero! Don’t attack my heroes!!!

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1721866426

This thread is permanently archived