danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Anyone has experience?

| I'm in a sort of mood
why would anyone want to live?
do we really just keep our primitive need for dopamine as much and long possible?
Like just to see how everything will turn out to be? I feel like being praise and receiving a gift does not work anymore for me, nor taking meals or sort of.
And without this feel, I'm seeing life like an endless digging till you """maybe""" will find gold.

| Finding gold probably ain't all it's cut out to be. I'd honestly hate the hassle of having to figure out how to properly sell it.

Though the search for gold is where I reckon it's at. Ideally less paperwork and if it's not literal gold you're looking for you've got something of a shot to succeed or to at least try.

Lately I've considered the notion that everything I do is pointless, but there's little point to thinking that way. I've decided to try my best, or at least to try to.

| we live for 50k in traffic

| Honestly I feel the exact same. It's gotten worse over the years. It's like I just lie in bed and think "What's even the point?" over and over. We're all just pushing along hoping for those small good moments when I honestly don't think it's worth it. What's the point? Oh well.

| Make ur life purpose to help me

| >>38bd8f Now make your life purpose to help me, so that OP's life purpose is to help you help me.

| lowtiergod moment

| Have sex and have fun

| Develop some sort pathology or neuroticism and that'll fix it.

| >>68dbff You know what's funny, my g/u/rl? African societies without a constant safe water supply generally have less depression rates than normal society. This, in addition to the famed rat experiment when they covered all their needs, suggest that it's not about reigning over the wild, rather, it's about the conquest in itself. Since most of our immediate, biological needs are mostly covered (we don't have to run 4k daily for water), what remains is on the mind.

| In this context, I wouldn't say it's outright wrong to understand life as a dopamine pursuit, as you point out, however, things are a bit more complicated than that. Allow me to propose to start thinking about why would you take such an approach, and what other phenomena within you does this approach explain. Thinking about thinking, when done honestly and systematically, tends to reveal aspects of ourselves we had no prior knowledge of, and some may require work. Good luck, g/u/rl

| >>1008423 uhm, acshually, the rats only got crazy because they were loving too close to each other, quite probably.
With much more space for each rat, the rats could've expanded to infinity, and while perfectly happy and healthy.

| >>1008434 living too close*

| >>1008434 I bet the infinite rats would be even happier if we also gave them an infinite amount of typewriters and time.

| >>c4d27b If I remember correctly, there was a specific group that completely stopped any form of intraspecific competition (regarded to as the "beautiful" group, since their coats were unblemished due to lack of fights), who then starved to death, despite food being within reach, not to mention infinite. That was what I was getting at, mostly. Learned hopelessness is a devastating force. I'll look up into it again, though. Thanks for pointing that out, g/u/rl.

| >>1a37dc op here, thanks for the feedback.
Are you implying that the end of all is just to be equalized to society? If one makes their "world" in mind alone. Then it'd lead to an over individualization of themselfs. Such would doom you to some fearful gambling to find a place in society.

| Assuming this is not ideal, you'd need to make some relatioship with low bars, for a faster trials and errors route.
As such, you'd become a GROUP with single mind that needs another "world" to be made. So what happens? Odds are that someone will not follow this "Group's world". And will fall out in the dark side of my first post's theory.
So what? Well, the best course of action is to be dragged bit by bit as the group is a living being.

| And though I'm no one to judge what makes rats happy, maybe even typewriters can get old. A certain key will only produce a certain letter, so I suppose it'll eventually get monotonous within its predictability unless there's something rewarding in typing. Perhaps the same could be said of all mammals, hence the invitation to think a little beyond the act of typing. Maybe there's something there we're missing, what would you say?

| Assuming that "It takes a lot to disciplinate from doing something unecessary all the time" were to be true.
Does this sound any correct to you?

| >>1008449 it'd probably be like the same deal with how art may work for elephants. Can that be a decent piece in the puzzle to work with?

| >>26034e Quite an interesting take you have here. Your logic is sound, but there's the fact that even while society precedes the individual, society itself grows and displays changes in its dynamics according to the individuals conforming it. Even while the whole is bigger than the sum of the parts, we can deny not the influence of even a single will in the potential movements of the collective consciousness

| With this in mind, while it's correct to think about the world that exists within ourselves to be unique to, well, us, it's also true that it is a reflection of a perceived reality. Thus, I wouldn't really call it a fully conscious phenomenon that people with similar views,i.e, relatable versions of the world, gather. And this is biologically viable, since it allows us to fullfill social needs, cover each other's flanks, and even diversification of genetic legacy (Habsburgs be mad)

| Maybe it's more about what you find while living, than the act of living itself, with all the feelings derived from fullfilling the needs required to, well, keep living. At least that's what I think at the moment, based on personal experience. So, personally, I killed all my expectations whose resolutions don't depend solely on my actions. Sure, this means not many long term goals, but you gain a heart open to infinite wonders. I hope you find this perspective useful, g/u/rl

| >>1a37dc Your insight picks out the head of the problem!
It's certain difficult to disagree that one kind is not unique even though they may be claiming their isolation to be their stand in life.
As long as we do live on the same planet, it's might-impossible to not become part of some idea that society hold.

| This explain the existance of the society's backdoor!
And for the people who do enjoy the luxury spending more time with evolving their mind. The odds of fixing any peculiar "unknown" need of the mind from the passively gathered ideologies do form a relitable possibility of success.

| >>1008454 On this note, I yet have let myself down for accepting such a open life. It's not my pleasure to say that my surrounding does expect from me a respectable stance from where I cannot absolutely fall from. There are still plans to be made...
I think that the emotional life is not cut for me anymore as events will need to be figured out constantly.

| There were times where I though that that all I needed was a decent challenge but the body growns numb over anything when keep going, taking decisions take quite the time to reflect but when it needs to be constantly done. One lives for the what they keep from losing rather than what you're holding into.

| I'm not really doing well before eepy time but I wishfully I made my text readable

| There is just a topic I can't discuss rn but I want to drop the a general version of the point in the thread as a reminder.
Is not that we're just grown dependent on different level of enjoying our daily life that when we do fall in a more grounded place, we do make a cry for help and a necessity to seek behold the nature of it?

| Which is the correct way when the ground has become your home? To search even more down, to be looking for this new reality or to be wanting to climb back up? And if there was path you've picked. Where would you limit yourself at? If no limit were imposed, wouldn't you agree that this yourself will need to subdue to some sacrifices for you to keep going?

| >>26034e I know this one feeling. If we are of similar mind, perhaps you'll relate. I personally had it the most when I was in the process of discovering my own potential, whether for good or bad. Test the limits, try new approaches, become a master at integrated strategies. Once I knew about my limits in terms of brute power, I began testing the results of exercising it strategically. And once I got not even good, but a hang on it, began testing how far I could plan ahead

| I did discover that, with enough information, I could predict and prevent some phenomena I didn't want to see coming into reality. I believe that since this means saving lives regardless if I'm familiar with them and their history, this means my potential manifested for good, but let's leave the good or evil discussion for another time. But in my case, what got tired was my head. My conscience. Since now, with the power to prevent bad things came the responsibility to do so.

| I know not how different our backgrounds are, but I understand the situation of not being able to fall from a certain place. Sometimes, a certain hospital sends me a bacterial strain coming from a patient, and my job is to design a treatment to kill it. If I fail, or succeed too late, someone dies. This is, someone else's loved one, gone forever. Perhaps your own feeling comes from a different place, but I want you to know you're not exactly alone in it, first of all.

| The way I deal with it, is to think of potential reasons explaining my situation, given context. I'm who designs last resorts when the typical last resorts fail. There are thousands out there with my general background. Some far more accomplished than me, at least at a first glance. So the only reason that explains why they come to me, is trust. On abilities, reason, success rate, it matters not. Perhaps it's the same for you. People hold you in high places because they trust you.

| >>26034e As for this particular matter, allow me to invite you to read "Notes from underground". Perhaps you'll discover your own answer. No, it's more like the best thing for you would be to find your own answer. It's true, our context shapes us, sometimes in a level far beyond our identity, and closer to how we even perceive and process things. But it's also true you can make your own way, especially after realizing the subtle, passive influence other people's perspectives on you

| Whether your path is the right one or not, well, I'd say it depends on who you're asking, much alike the question of beauty. I'm sure that, out there, exists someone who'll see me as little less than a messiah, and another someone who'd give their life to see me erased from this planet. But in the end, the one who has to live with the consequences, subsequent responsibilities and reasons behind your actions is you.

| The rest of us don't have access to that information, only to whatever you provide in order for us to try and build a version of your thoughts in our little heads. So, because you're alone within yourself, I invite you to be a little gentler with yourself. Try not to find a reason, in the pure sense of the word, as required to live, my invitation is to find the things you can deem beautiful, or worth living to do, or contemplate. Wonder as a result of life, not its reason to be.

| i did not need to have an mini existential crisis at work while reading over this but damn

y'all got too much brain for this website

| What if we are just a bunch of neural networks trying to learn to do something in particular, a task that we have been created to do. So, this world was created for us to learn, so everything we ever created was, in a way, just a very complex attempt at understanding what is it that we need to do, and how to do it.
Like an AI learning to walk, in a simple world, but instead of a simple world it is a complex world, and a much more complex AI.

| >>1008636 you're not far away from it, but the reference should be biologic. The idea of something being artificial is just an illusion of a word, making a big difference on one person's view but a mere nickname on a bigger scale.

| >>1008657
Oh, the reference to AI and neural network is just there to make it easier to understand. It was a random though I had reading some book.

Total number of posts: 41, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1710897327

This thread is permanently archived