danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What was the state of your life before you found this website? (or va11)

| I was curious what other people were doing with their lives when they found out about this website or the game its based off of.

When I found out about Va11 I was in high school. I think it was one of the first visual novels I had ever played.

I always knew that this website existed, but I only really started using it in college.

This site and that game are very nostalgic to me.

| worse, but the improvements with my life have nothing to do with this godforsaken textboard

| /u/ ruined me

| I was in 9 grade, learning hard to pass the entry exams for a new good school, kind of a lyceum. But it was one of the best times of my life

| Basically the same as now. Entropy seeps from my every pore. I should get it checked out

| first job at customer service and played val with a coworker on shift. It hit me at the peak ludo narrative craze and impacted my conception of game design as a hobby.

|

| Played it with my wife, and it became our favorite game.

| my closest friend made me play va11 while i was in a depressive rut, and the emotions hit me hard enough that it made me forget how sad i was at the moment

i got better, then finding this board fucked everything up again

| >>1007040 why

| >>a1c5c7 I believe it was a yolk

| i was going through every person's "nerd to alt-right ben shapiro fan" phase, but va11halla and danger/u/ got me out of it. looking back, i was lucky i got into danger/u/ instead of becoming an incel.

| >>1007051 cuz yaal some bitches and i love you g/u/rls

| I was a racist. Now I'm pro lgbt

| I was 15 in 2017

| More motivated I guess

| >>1007133 now you're 12

| >>1007132 pro lgbt but still against people of differrent skin colour?

| >>1007192 no, I'm into interracial.

| I remembery friend saying he didn't like it because he had a Nazi friend who was into it.

Can anyone square up why really right wing people liked this gay videogame? Do they just feel seen by the 4chan ref?

| ernst röhm was a queer icon until they decided they don't need queers anymore
just being gay does not make you a good person

| >>1007132 I was leftist. now I'm racist, sexist, homophobic and anti-semite "unabomber was right" g/u/rl.

| I was a child rapidly spiraling deeper and deeper into the depths of various mental illnesses
This site definitely didn't help lol, but we good now

| >>1007243 lmao based wtf

| >>1007243 some of unabomber's points are right, but those are just byproducts of being raised under neoliberalism

| >>1007243 I may not agree with primitivism but I would not mind old Ted, robloxing Altman or musk today

| >>1007245
>I was a child rapist
Stopped reading

| >>1007388 uoooh ToT

| I got into Va11 nearing the end of the first year of the pandemic. I was a highschooler at the time, dealing with a lot of stuff internally where resources available to me were failing.

My day to day life was like clinging on air, basically. Yet, on the day I saw Va11 on sale, I bought it on a whim.

To be honest, without Va11 Ha-11a, I'd be dead. Nearing another attempt at least. Probably would still be in the closet as well.

This game saved my life, as ridiculous as it seems.

| >>1007442 now Die as nirvana gets delayed 5+ more years

| When I played Va11 Ha11A for the first time I was studying and living my first year of college/university/higher ed. but I got the online classes because it was the peak of the pandemic era

I was distracted all the time, I failed to learn anything and messed it up, then I stopped studying and became a NEET.

However, playing the game made me feel a relief I wasn't expecting to experience, it made me feel that, despite everything, perhaps it all be okay in the end.

| >>1007484 lmao 10+ years for nirvana baby

| A wizard staring into the edge of reality while trapped between quantum doors

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1709930755

This thread is permanently archived